New Snapshot as of 9/15/2020 to include users from 9/1/2020 until the announcement was made

Or you do it this way - You could do another announcement:

Only if someone who missed the snapshot ACTIVELY claims the reward AND traded at Uniswap from september 1st up to the announcement he will be rewarded. Others cases will not be rewarded.

This would be fair to all traders who used Uniswap for the first time after the snapshot.

5 Likes

Three months from now, why not reward those who were late to the party but are now onboard? Personally, I didnā€™t provide liquidity before Sept. 1st but today purchased 100 coins. Now Iā€™m interested in helping this community going forward.

1 Like

Iā€™m just a few minutes late.
but I donā€™t know, if the team doesnā€™t respond to this proposal, maybe we are ignored and waiting for another new program.

2 Likes

I did not begin using Uniswap until Sept 3rd this year. If they were going to reward me for adding liquidity with UNI that quickly I would of needed to add billions into the pool for my portion to even be meaningful enough to factor into the lifetime of the pools value. How much UNI are people who have only been staking in a pool for the last year while the market has been good getting compared to people who added more money but in a shorter time frame?

2 Likes

You are not understanding the intent of the proposal. If the snapshot was just prior to the announcement, airdrop hunters and bots would not be able to set up multiple accounts to claim uni.
As the airdrops stands, a lot of users are missing out when they put their trust in uniswap just as much as someone who swapped prior to sept 1st.

3 Likes

I understood and agree we need more instances of HYPE around Uniswap. The new cutoff has passed. The bots are out of luck.

No, we NEVER have to draw the line ā€¦ 9/1 ā€¦ has come and gone ā€¦ we need to BEAT THE BUSHES around the world and Iā€™m talking about REAL BUSHES in Africa, Asia Minor and Asia Major ā€¦ Polynesia ā€¦ Damn EVERYWHERE ā€¦ for the next 6 months and find people in OUTER MONGOLIA who could benefit.

Then at some later date ā€¦ another 3 months we will announce the new cutoff 9/15 ā€¦ WHICH HAS PASSED ALREADY (get it)ā€¦ and announce new distributions.

This is marketing 101 ā€¦ and itā€™s BRILLIANT !!

1 Like

@Reeser ā€¦ How are you smarter at marketing than I am?

This confuses me.

This was exactly what I expected; That the the cutoff date was used as a mechanism to ensure nobody had insider information and was able to game the system.

Full disclosure, I started using Uniswap at the beginning of September and although I am a little bummed I didnā€™t end up being eligible for the drop, this makes total sense and a retroactive change to these restrictions comes with a whole slew of problems.

Sorry, OP, not in favour. Wish I could say otherwise.

6 Likes

There will be hundreds of thousands of UNCLAIMED coins. Thatā€™s not an issue.

The best proposal that I heard

6 Likes

Why is this even a proposal?? GTFO.

2 Likes

Yes this would be very true and could cause an issue for $uni unless a plan can be added.

So what will happen to the unclaimed coins? Will it be burn?

I think that we should give a Chance for all that open the acc umtil todayā€¦

1 Like

I do not agree. Many people have started making extra wallets since the announcements in hopes that we will release another airdrop.

1 Like

Creating a proposal requires voting power equal to 1% of fully diluted supply (10,000,000 UNI tokens). The team and investor tokens are not vested yet, so as far as I know they will not be able to sponsor a proposal - this is only going to get traction if 10,000,000 + UNI tokens out of the ~150,000,000 that have been issued get behind it.

1 Like

Absolutely NOT, stop trying to dilute the UNI tokens. You want UNI? Buy them or participate in the LP pools. I will protect UNI holders and Uniswap.

3 Likes

You misunderstand. The idea for any wallets PRIOR to the announcement.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t swap on uniswap in late August because I couldnā€™t afford the transaction fees. I finally dove in in early September. I feel double penalized here, A) I couldnā€™t trade because I didnā€™t have enough wealth, and B) I donā€™t get the airdrop because I waited. Feeling just as screwed as someone using a centralized bank.

7 Likes