New Snapshot as of 9/15/2020 to include users from 9/1/2020 until the announcement was made

Would you say the same if you had missed the snapshot by a few hours?

5 Likes

Moving the snapshot date to before the announcement keeps the unknown element
(Excluding people who would have had future knowledge about it because they had to audit contracts etc like @hadyenadams mentioned above)

We could even exclude wallets that were created between the snapshot and now to prevent people who may have been trying to game the system. (Not included in the initial proposal)

5 Likes

I donā€™t think you can complain about missing the snapshot by a few hours when the platform has been live for well over a year

2 Likes

I think this is a very good reason to stick to the September 1st cutoff date. Anything more recent opens up the possibility of Sybil attacking the otherwise fair distribution. Preventing insider trading is crucial to the integrity of UNIā€™s fair launch.

5 Likes

No. See my above comment. Everyone here can scream its not fair til theyā€™re blue in the face. Its not fair some who provided liquidity just got a half million dollars. Its not fair some had 50 wallets. Its asinine. Its as fair as they could possibly make it to reward people to risked their assets and gas fees to use their service and make it viable. Time to move on.

2 Likes

Definitely the best con so far.

3 Likes

Yes. In fact I have one address that did miss by a few hours. Almost all the uni I own I purchased.

2 Likes

Agreed.

We have an opportunity to create the scarcity that equates to valuable governance of the protocol; A voice of decentralization that is needed in these times.

If we let those who werenā€™t utilizing decentralized platforms before they saw financial gain to do soā€¦

What do we think we can expect from their driving desire as they HODL a big bag of UNI and steer the ship or wreck it?

1 Like

It would be good idea, but to block all sushi scammers just distribute 400 uni per wallet regardless of volume or providing liquidity.

3 Likes

I dont support this proposal. It opens the door to airdrop hunter creating multiple accounts to get as much as possible from the airdrop. If you announce it before hand people will start hunting those :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign:

1 Like

Yes, I think also this would have been fair. With the day of th airdrop you could have said that all the wallets from 1st to 15th of september are getting their rewards just a little later. At the moment a lot of people are fucked up - me also. I missed the snapshot with 15 minutes !! 15 minutes to late and getting nothing! Thatā€™s not fair at all. It was my first trade at Uniswap and I just wanted to try it out becauce I heard so much good things about it. I paid a transaction fee of 10 for a 100 trade. It was o.k. for me for trying it out. And it worked very well for me. Now I am so fucked up about the way the airdrop was done that I am really fed up with Uniswap. - Thatā€™s what happens if you do it this way. But I understand. Why caring about those few people who are fed up? - There are enough people who are happy. If they will go let them goā€¦

8 Likes

You are absolutely right.

1 Like

Airdrop hunters will not be able to do anything even though this proposal is approved, because the date chosen is September 1 - 15, because the airdrop was announced on September 17. Airdrop hunters donā€™t have time travel, this proposal is fair enough to do. I also felt awkward when it was only a few minutes left and it was my first trade on uniswap.

5 Likes

Then you will have people arguing that it should be extended from 9/15 even further, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere.

1 Like

Draw the timeline when the airdrop was announced and reward the people from the sep 1st to the announcement of the airdrop later on. - than there is no problem and all are happy.

6 Likes

Those hunters need time travel ability.

5 Likes

Announcement should be the cutoff.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a fair proposal if a snap is take just before the date of launch so hunters cant take advantage.

But it requires a minimum threshhold of 1% of the total UNI supply is required to submit proposals.

Out of 150M for any proposal to move forward it requires 1.5M $UNI min.

Letā€™s see where crypto community stand.

2 Likes

I am not sure older users would care much about some new users missing out on free uni.

Just check their comments here, their tone, arrogant, is like ā€œI deserved it, but you donā€™t. Deal with itā€.

Sure they deserved it, but new users are also part of THIS community. They deserve it to.

It pays back to the community, when the community attracts more users.

8 Likes

This is the only way thatā€™s fair. You want to reward the people that used Uniswap? You want to keep the Airdrop Hunters out? Fair enough. But now you are kicking the people in the face that used Uniswap and only missed the snapshot.

We are still early on in Crypto industry. If someone used your project in September he is still an early adopter. I personally heard form your project in July for the first time.

7 Likes