New Snapshot as of 9/15/2020 to include users from 9/1/2020 until the announcement was made

No, you protect your own interests.

1 Like

Mine and the ones for all UNI holders and Uniswap as a whole. No exceptions.

4 Likes

I was answering to the person who commented above me:

[Vale](https://gov.uniswap.org/u/Vale

I think that we should give a Chance for all that open the acc umtil today…

She wanted to give tokens to everyone until today, thats where I do not agree.

1 Like

I would not be surprised if, in a few weeks, they airdrop Unis for new users who missed out Aug.
Why?
To keep the hype…marketing.

1. This AIRDROP to community has helped Uniswap gain a lot more traction than before.

2. The SushiSwap saga, also, helped Uniswap gain a lot of traction as well. And JUSTIFIED making UNI> making the investors and the developers rich, also making lots of users very happy.

One might even assume that Chef Nomi was from team Uniswap! (yes, conspiracy theory).

1. One way or another, I guess the UniSwap Hype will continue…

All in all, great marketing

5 Likes

My own interests were supporting a decentralized system I believed in, trading and providing liquidity on that platform, and reaping the rewards. Because I missed a date by an arbitrary couple of days the ability to “protect my own interests” was essentially taken away. I’m not talking about investing in some scammy vampire token and complaining it dropped 90%

1 Like

Same here. I heard of the high transactions fees over and over again. But I wanted to buy Trustswap and could have done this at Binance. But I decided to use Uniswap despite the fact of the high transaction fees because I wanted to get to know how it works. Now I am really pissed that I have done so.

You could say:

If someone who missed the snapshot ACTIVELY claims the reward AND traded at Uniswap from september 1st up to the announcement he will be rewarded. Others cases will not be rewarded.

If you do it this way there is no way for bots or scammers or whoever to trick the system. Just gave the users of Uniswap the chance to get their rewards as long as they traded at Uniswap from September 1st up to the day of the announcement.

Everything else is massively unfair.

I know that these words won’t get heard because most people who got their rewards do not care about the others that don’t´. That’s the spirit of today. The blockchain industry is not an exception to that.

7 Likes

Just saying all events led to the rise of Uniswap and they will continue to propel

Yes, everybody cares about themselves.

They do not consider that:

1. This would only be a small portion of the 1B tokens.
  2. And that this little amount in these days of calamity, can be a life-saver for many people, especially for those that live in low GDP countries.

That’s enough discussing for me.

8 Likes

Agreed.

Bottom line is that budding active members of the community, who didn’t jump ship for other swaps, are getting penalized.

Especially when 400 UNI would be monumental to some right now.

6 Likes

Minnow and shrimp who swapped after the 1st and before the announcement are effectively taking the blow more than a whale would. I personally used Uniswap without the promise of being compensated with token reward. Just like those you mention. I’m still an early adopter. I’m still the bridge between founding adopters and the mainstream.

8 Likes

IMO all who interacted with Uniswap before announcement should be rewarded, if we want to be a community of integrity and inclusiveness. Please do not take this as me saying we’re not, I just feel in times like these where every little boost counts we need to embrace those left out. I personally donated 50 UNI to a friend I just recently referred to Uniswap LP. Now she can do as she pleases and it wasn’t 400 but I felt a bit obligated. Lets make the Legacy of our community stand for Inclusion and help those that missed out, have an opportunity to share in this dynamic protocol!

14 Likes

The proposal IS NOT to retro-actively change the status-quo. Going forward it’s clear that this strategy of engaging the public is VERY effective.

No one is planning to change the EXISTING cut-off, but in 6 months there WILL BE unclaimed coins.

We should be prepared with a plan to market the HELL out of the current situation and in 6 months BURN those coins and RE-issue THE AMOUNT UN-CLAIMED.

To a new round of DEVOTEES … who used Uniswap from 9/1/20 to 9/15 … and create another FIRESTORM!!

Great Marketing.

5 Likes

Hello. I greatly appreciate this initiative and I hope it will be abducted. Please someone should help clarify, will it include everyone that used uniswap before the announcement was made or only those that did prior to 15th of September. I did my first trade on 16th and I believe the announcment was on 17th. Will I and many others in my shoes get a slice of this.

Secondly, as this is a proposal, is there a possibility that it will be abducted and is there an estimated time as to when to expect an official announcement.

Thanks for your kind response.

5 Likes

You’re right
Airdrop for users after 1st september and before the announcement is fair

10 Likes

No. This date was chosen so insiders couldnt go get 1000 wallets. Date is perfect

4 Likes

You could. But you’re not. We could also argue that point. but we’re not. We’re stating that an arbitrary date of Sept 1st is excluding community members.

We could all yell about how it’s not fair that we’re living through a pandemic. Doesn’t mean it has anything to do with the argument.

1 Like

Does it mean that Uniswap users from 9/1/20 to 9/15 will get their rewards ?

there is no absolutely fair way of distribution,i would prefer that the token not recevied be used to reward members of community governance.

The random date selected for the snapshot for the distribution of UNI tokens is fair enough.
If you want to earn some UNI tokens, you can participate in any of the 4 liquidity pools currently distributing rewards.

Also, you could just buy some.

2 Likes

I thought one of my friend to use Uniswap and now my friend got 400 uni while I didn’t story of my life. I was very excited for my friend that she got 400 UNI but felt disappointed once I read that I could’ve been eligible for the airdrop but wasn’t.