[POLL] Should UNI Holders Be Rewarded?

Dope! Where is your art? I would love to see it.

I use rarible currently as @OmB
I am going to build a platform like $MEME, but for more traditional artists, with UNIV2-LP contract or V3 when it releases

I used to do a lot of 2D/3D animation (so nothing traditional) It’s been a good while but I got started again recently. I am working on a 16 bit style, but I don’t have anything I want to showcase just yet. I’d like to see what you build later, and maybe I’ll have something to show by then.

1 Like

For what? Uni airdrop rewarded early adoption and support. No offense but the greed here is out of control.

Sure thing. I have some of my paintings on Enjin erc1155 contract. But my main focus has been on rarible: https://app.rarible.com/omb/created have a look

the whole point of holding is to vote thats the incentive… why is bitcoin so popular? Do they reward their holders? No at this point ypu guys want this to be another get rich quick pump n dump scheme it makes me sick honestly.

I believe that voting is the responsibility, the incentive’s role is to get people to perform that responsibility! At least, that’s the way I look at it. I get where you’re coming from though- lots more discussion to come! I replied to your standalone post with more, too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I voted for Yes, but only if they actively participate in governance / vote, but on second thoughts I am fine with rewarding all holders equally. I changed my mind on it because the most efficient way to distribute rewards is probably going to come from treasury funds buying and burning UNI from the supply, in which case it’s not possible to reward UNI holders disproportionately. Suspect from a legal perspective that is what would be advised as well as makerdao have a burn mechanism as oppose to a dividend mechanism probably down to a few factors, but legal concern being one of them.

As frustrated by the lack of governance participation as I am, I don’t think governance should be financially incentivized.
People who really care about the project (and thus, value accrual of their tokens) will take the initiative if they have the wish, the time or the knowledge to do it.
So far, in various projects, it looks like incentivizing governance leads to decisions that are either less thought-about or less long-term - although I am aware that “long-term” in DeFi might have a different definition. People would vote just to be voting. Or they would choose to vote to anything promising an higher yield.

Speaking of rewards in general, to me, yes UNI Holders should probably be rewarded (independently of participation). Does that mean that they should be rewarded now ? I am less sure.

3 Likes

I think those who trade in uni should be rewarded
The more uni is used in the bottom base, the more valuable it is treated and the more people’s interest in uni

2 Likes

Why should we reward uni transaction volume?
In my opinion we need the token in strong hands that are interested in the project, rewarding traders is not the way to go

7 Likes

Dollars are used in all countries, there is a common currency, everyone has to link small accounts to close the market, large accounts may shift to other exchanges, but smaller accounts will be more numerous and easier to link, and will only be directed to you if you reward them.

1 Like

A lot of Europe uses the Euro just like certain other countries use their own currency (e.g. the UK uses the British Pound) not the dollar.

The dollar is only used in certain parts of the world e.g America with the US Dollar being predominant, so not really sure what you mean by dollars are used in all countries because that’s just not true?

Still believe strongly in what RodAthens said until convinced otherwise that it’s best to have tokens in strong hands interested in the project than reward traders tbh.

None the less I look forward to your response

2 Likes

A burn rewards strong hands. You only receive the benefit of the buyback as long as you do not sell.

1 Like

So does redistributing as redistribution would still be rewarding the strong hands and “Whales”. As I’ve said before in other posts on the topic they are really both much of a muchness with the exception that Burning makes each token more valuable and reduces the circulating supply every time which I personally believe to be a better option.

2 Likes

Mmm yes very interesting

Holders gaining UNI bay just holding it in there wallet, until the max supply hit’s in 4 year.
sound’s like a Unicore investment to me. and will attract way more holders.
ofc people ho contribute in the ecosystem need to get compensate accordingly (more) (contribute = div, voters, stakers etc)
If we implement delegating voting we need to split the reword into a fair chairs, a % fore the token holder and a % fore the delegate voter.
So the holders have intensive to allocate and delegates (voters) to delegate (vote)
Further we need to find out if we gone give a APY % to all Holders and voters, how much that gone realistically.
Also we need t look at sustainability, can we have nice APY to cover the gas cost on short term?
we need to keep in mine we gone get a lot of new people coming into to crypto space the coming years and we need to provide eazy solutions fore theme, there gone come in and tray stuff out and the next weak thy wanna tray something else. So we need to provide the proper setting fore them.
I think this can be that proper setting.

1 Like

So far, I have not seen any reward for holding UNI. My investment in UNI as I bought, has tanked 50%. Not happy.

Holders should be rewarded with more than the ability to vote in governance.

1 Like

There were ways of earning one of which was by adding to liquidity pools I assume you chose not to add to a liquidity pool and this you didnt earn any additional uni.

Just giving out uni because someone is holding it in a wallet just doesnt make sense compared to providing uni in the form of a reward to someone contributing by doing something like providing liquidity to one of the elected pairs as seen on app.uniswap.org

So I add my UNI to a liquidity pool and then have less UNI when I cash out?

Also it is unclear what is the safest Wallet to use

By personal preference I would use a hardware wallet especially after the recent Kucoin attack.

Most definitely wouldn’t suggest you store your coins on an exchange as they can be the prime target of an attack

Would read up on liquidity pools as they can go either way you could receive UNI where someone wanted to exchange UNI for ETH or you could get ETH where someone wanted to exchange ETH to get some UNI and tap into your uni supply.

All the eligable pools as of right now can be found here

couldn’t say there will always be sell pressure as a lot of tokens were airdropped while there is still evidence to suggest most haven’t sold their airdropped tokens there’s always the risk the day will come that a lot of people could choose to sell in a single day.

Again this is all speculative and not really appropriate for this forum so I wont digress any further