How to get more people to become Uniswap users?

they were legit users. You on the other hand want to have your cake and eat it.

2 Likes

unfortunately eth2 will take 2 years i think to relieve gas fees.Eth 1.5 l2 scaling could relieve and surely help uniswap fees.

1 Like

I am a layman who has a balance of more than 10 $ before but I save little by little so that I get a uni. because if I can’t add liquidity to Uniswap. is there any other way so i can also follow and get uni. sorry if it’s a bother. of course you know I am a person who is lacking but UNI attracted my attention to learn more.

There’s a few ways to get UNI:

• Claim the airdrop if you’re eligible (400+ UNI)
  • Provide liquidity in one of the pools & then ‘stake’ these liquidity pool tokens for UNI
  • Purchase UNI

At this point, there really isn’t another way to earn UNI tokens.

1 Like

Well, it sounds like Uniswap as been successful so far in becoming the leading DEX in the space, despite having one of the highest fees on the market (0.3%)…

… or maybe because of those high fees ?

• (a) As a Liquidity Provider, I am incentivized to provide liquidity because of the high fees (high earnings).
  • (b) As a swapper, I am incentivized to swap on Uniswap because of the lower slippage and low(-ish) gas fees.

For (a), having a tool that would compensate/mitigate/hedge deviation loss.
For (b), rollups can (will ?) help reduce the gas fees even more and might allow to find solutions for (a) that don’t increase gas fees too much.

TL;DR : Rollups

4 Likes

We can discuss the success of Uniswap and gift of Uniswap so user can be increase

1 Like

This is more of a governance forum general discussions might be better suited for the Uniswap discord

Great explanation! Thank you for this.:grinning:

At a high level, Uniswap needs to do two things: (1) Attract new users, (2) reduce churn of current users.

A few questions come to mind - would love to hear opinions on these :raised_hands:

1. Attract new users:
  • How get more folks to move off CEX’s and onto Uniswap?
  • What barriers make that move hard today?
  • How can Uniswap make that transition easier?
  • How can that be sped up for the next generation of Uniswap users?
  1. Keep current users
  • It seems like other DEX’s are popping up to compete against Uniswap’s known shortcomings (Google & read: “Unbundling Uniswap: The Future of On-Chain Market Making”)
  • Can Uniswap update it’s pricing algorithm to find off competitors like CoFiX & DODO?(Google and Read: “Introducing CoFiX: a Next-Generation AMM”)
  • Can Uniswap unbundle itself in a long-term sustainable way?

I’ll be thinking on these in the meantime.

[Edit @ 11:05 EST] Adding more color, here is a high-level user journey as I see it

TLDR; it is not simple for a crypto newbie to use uniswap

1. User decides to buy crypto
  2. Open account with CEX as fiat-onramp
  3. Buy token on that CEX
  4. Create a crypto wallet
  5. Send tokens from CEX --> wallet
  6. Visit uniswap [dot] org
  7. Click to app[dot]uniswap[dot]org
  8. Connect wallet to uniswap app
  9. Complete pre-determined swap
6 Likes

Not to mention with Uniswap they also need to know about slippage and possibky adjusting gas fees something new users only using centralised exchanges are shielded from really in my opinon

Edit: I’m aware slippage more so comes into effect if they are attempting to do large enough trades depending on the token but still something that they should be aware of as I’m not sure what the default is for a new user whose never touched any of those settings

1 Like

i would like to know

just to clarify…what would you like to know @Abraham?

Integrate with a web2 app which has a solid user base (Sport betting / gaming app)
Invite existing community to try it out gas-free (subsidize gas fee for new users)
Incentivize web2 users with a well aligned web3 project airdrop (gov tokens, nfts, access)

With all that said there needs to be robust education materials at those web2 user fingertips, they shouldn’t have to search for a good explainer/tutorial.

+1 on robust education @CoPi1

I wonder where/how you find those folks though…

Off the cuff, some behavior I’d think you look are includes:

• Multiple buys on CEX
  • Consuming some amount of crypto content (twitter, reddit…where else?)
  • Asking (someone, somewhere) for guidance

I wonder how the Uniswap team is working on this sort of thing today :thinking:

i think too… L2 with wallet and payment system can scale Uniswap now… but until eth2 be ready no a long time

another proposal i s to add multi-language support to site … and create new channels (twitter etc) in more languages

multi-language support
  • Yes
  • NO

0 voters

2 Likes

Start giving ressources for professional speakers.
A crypto person like Andreas Antonopoulos should be speaking about uniswap on a public channel.
If he participates in an Interview about the Pros/Cons of Uniswap it would be a major boost in popularity.

If we find 3 famous and respectful speakers and try to convince them to have open talks, much is already won. They can be paid accordingly.

we are here. we need registration process. in fact me, I have already registered with uniswap V2 but i cant access my account. My names are Tumushabe Kanyakishaka Benson and my e.mail address is tumushabebenson@gmail.com and my account is 0x128Dd7C3076584F5fcebDA4d84f4B9de288927ee I have deposited some ethereum on this address but I have failed to utilise this account.

0x128Dd7C3076584F5fcebDA4d84f4B9de288927ee is my address where i deposited some ethereum but i have failed utilise my account for approximately 2 weeks now. meaning uniswap needs to ease the registration process. i have other ten poeple in the same predicament. my e.mail is tumushabebenson@gmail.com

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

The registration process of Uniswap exchange has continued to be a shorn in the fresh.
please assist