How to get more people to become Uniswap users?

airdrop is just the first chance.There is no absolutely fairness,but there are many chances in the future.Go and catch them.

2 Likes

I do hope we see more chances but this is just discouraging for people that missing out already.
If they want more Uniswap users they should do something to encourage people that don’t get 400 UNI already.

1 Like

As you can see,the opportunity is right in front of you.

5 Likes

I just joined in what is UNI All about according to each of you?

1 Like

I could recall that I was unable to swap a coin a month ago, reason being that the transaction fee was quite expensive. Another limitation is the fact that only bulky or relatively huge transactions can be carried out on uniswap. This has a way of limiting the amount of transactions done daily because it kind of only favours users with huge amount of money. Imagine if any and every category of persons could transact on Uniswap, we’ll with no doubt have more users and members.

1 Like

That’s not really something Uniswap can fix? High gas fees are caused by the ETH network as a whole

1 Like

How do i mine Uni? I don’t know how to go about it.

1 Like

This is a rough outline.

1. You have to provide liquidity to one of the four “approved” mining pools.
    ETH - USDT
    ETH - USDC
    ETH - DAI
    ETH -wBTC
    (remember you have to balance your liquidity; that means if you provide $1 dollar worth of ETH you pair it with $1 worth of x-token)
  2. Once you do that you will receive your pool token.
  3. Then you “stake” your pool token in here: https://app.uniswap.org/#/uni
  4. You are then mining UNI, and you have up to ~50ish more days left to mine.

All this assumes you sort of know your way around with wallets and such.

Good luck.

5 Likes

I don’t know the solution, but the problem is not competition in the defi space. Firstly, because there isn’t any yet (a quick look at a gas tracker and you remember Ethereum is currently Uniswap, Tether, and “everything else”)

But more importantly, the growth of the defi space is more important to growth than worrying about the size of the other fish in the puddle.

Binance, Bittrex, Coinbase. THATS the first round of competition. How do we get people off of the centralized exchanges?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if UNI is only weakly coupled with the rest of the crypto market in the near term, which is an impermanent loss risk if I understand correctly.

Hi Everyone,

I’m very new here. I know I my questions or statements may be redundant…you all know so much😊
From what Ive read, it’s important for UNI to continue to grow and have a real chance at becoming a serious competitor in the crypto space.
I like the idea that an educational resource be made available for new combers like me. I’m still learning and trying to understand and get to know the community. I’m excited! I want to be here.
There was a comment on here about education and teachers. Gosh this would be a great opportunity to teach on an “Alternative” investment for young people in the classroom.
This would be a gateway for UNI. Young people are so into technology. This would be such an amazing introduction to finance.
What would be the incentive to start a program and get the next generation onboard and investing?:face_with_monocle:
That’s where I draw a blank…

Thank you for your time.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve spent a good amount of time over the past year onboarding people to applications/protocols like Uniswap, MakerDAO, Compound, Curve, InstaDapp, PoolTogether and have noticed there is a huge learning curve for these things. But before a user can really understand the underlying dapp, they need to better understand the tools to use to be successful like Etherscan and Metamask. Without knowing how to adjust gwei in advanced settings or change the nonce of a transaction to drop and replace a txn that has been pending for a long time, the user isn’t really set up for success in the current landscape. For reference I helped several friends claim their UNI last week and most of them just wanted to turn it into ETH or USDC right away but bc gas prices were high along with volatility of the ETH/UNI prices, there was a lot of wasted gas on failed transactions and long wait times. Granted my friends didn’t seem to mind at the time bc they each received about $1200, it would’ve been nice for them to understand how to make the transaction go through the first time by setting a competitive gas price or just wait for gas prices to cool down.

I found this interesting and wonder if this is a bigger problem than most people realize. If most of the failed txns (wasted gas) is from arb bots who make it up down the road then I guess it’s not that big of a deal but if a solid chunk is from retail users not understanding how to set gas prices, this could be improved upon as we onboard new users.

5 Likes

Great insights! But understand the majority of new users will likely come from coinbase and use their wallet most likely…then they will find out the have no control over gas prices. Coinbase wallet makes this quite handy for new users and sets a reasonable fee . Preventing new users for setting gas prices to low and make their orders pending forever. Which is good …but then we have these arbitrary bots and up gas price fee txs and complete gas war craze going on.
Wich these coinbase wallets cannot deal with. Thus most orders will time out with the eth mining fee payed nevertheless. I had this happen so many times last month, it is absurd. But the problem is the bots, not the user friendly wallet.
The new user doesn’t have to think about gwei and gas prices…if we all started with metamask advanced gas tab it would be different.

1 Like

Thanks. I agree, most Coinbase users do probably use Coinbase Wallet App at first. But I must add that if proper education is provided for new users, users would understand they can import their keys from coinbase wallet app to metamask or any other Ethereum wallet application where they better control gas prices for a given txn. Users shouldn’t have to worry about failed txns, gas prices, and long wait times but at this point in time they do so I think they should be best informed on how to handle it. Whether thats waiting to send a txn at a later time or understanding the risk of wasted gas or pending txns that don’t allow any txns until that one clears.

1 Like

No Private Key = Not your crypto… Coinbase don’t give private keys

Coinbase Wallet App does provide private key option.

2 Likes

Ahhhh missed you saying Coinbase Wallet App… Yeah Coinbase Wallet App is like any other wallet app (Metamask, MEW etc) and is completely separate to Coinbase App which has its own sets of wallets where you don’t get your keys

2 Likes

You describe the rabbit whole the new users go through, perfectly :slight_smile: importing your keys into metamask is that next step…(when you think why would i import my coinbase wallet into metamask when i can just open another wallet and transfer funds. )
Dealing with gas prices and joining the gas price war (where at it’s peak almost 50% of txs where tx cancel or up fee txs) is completely useless for the space to grow.
When all my txs failed because gas prices where between 500-1000 gwei (and coinbase wallet was not keeping up with these insane prices)… Uniswap was the #2 largest gas guzzler , and some thether printing… was #1
It’s not that new users like/want to be aware of these issues. It would scare the crap out of them. Believe me!
For simplicity sake i would rather prefer the route of l2 scaling eth and moving gas guzzlers to other chains like omg to relieve the eth network and keep business running as usual.
We as a community shouldn’t be fighting each other with inflating higher gas prices. (At least if your not a miner) It’s is a ratrace going nowhere. New users are scared away by high tx costs.
If i was normal and sane… i would have never payed 30 dollar in eth to do a transaction on uniswap when gas prices were peaking. See even a 1dollar tx is considered very costly to most people that used only banks before.

4 Likes

L2 is so necessary to make swapping more attractable to new users. Is L2 something that the community will discuss? I saw the post about Optimism and think that is great but in the event it isn’t the best scaling option for Uniswap, is it easy to for the DEX to exist on numerous L2s or port to another one? How important is it to pick the right scaling solution off the bat?

3 Likes

they’ve already beaten sushiswap. All of these new swap projects are just trying to be what uniswap is and failing.