As a newbie to protocol governance I have some questions about how it works. I’ll try to visualize how I’m thinking it works and what parts I wonder about.
- A proposal is discussed here
- In order for a proposal to be officially submitted an address has to have 1% of UNI supply delegated to it
- How do I delegate my UNI to an address? Where can I do it through a simple GUI?
- What does delegating my UNI mean in terms of that UNIs usability? Is it “frozen” in any way?
- The address with sufficient UNI delegated to it submits the proposal
- How is proposal submission done? Is it also a GUI thing, and what contents of the proposal are actually sent to the chain?
- The proposal appears at https://app.uniswap.org/#/vote and each UNI holder can vote for the proposal
- Can those who delegated also use the same UNI to vote?
- If the proposal gets 4% of the total UNI supply in votes it is accepted, but there is only a 7 day voting window
- How is it then afterwards ensured that what the proposal suggested is also what is executed for the proposal?
- Who can execute the proposal once it is accepted?
Hope you understand my questions, and thanks for any clarifications!