What do you think of the initial airdrop?

Yes, Of course yes. After the drop, become more aware of the project and start dive in the community. So i think it’s positive for the project, and till now still keep the drop.

1 Like

I definitely agree that it would be egregious to airdrop more out of the treasury. To that end if I had a big enough stake in UNI to vote it would be a big fat NO. I mean, those funds are to help build UNI, and I don’t think many collecting another drop would benefit, unless the drop didn’t take anything from treasury. Hence why my suggestion.
I feel like UNI is going to need something huge to overcome other competing decentralized exchanges that are making waves currently and I’m unsure what capability the UNI token can provide to overcome this but I do know that can be fixed with a combination effect. Funny enough, after making this idea I heard about Pancakeswaps tokens and about how cake works with syrup and LP, which is kinda like what I’m getting at but I don’t want UNI to straight up copy it. I think we can do better, also I don’t like/trust pancake or sushi so there’s that too lol

3 Likes

I believe people missed the whole point, tokens do not build a platform, People do, and you need people to use it! If the uniswap platform is for a select few, then I say, go ahead and share the wealth amongst yourself, but the rest can use other platforms. The 400 UNI airdrop help expand the Uniswap Brand, now you could have paid a marketing firm out of NY or LA to fake the brand into existence or reward those who would tell ten people, who would tell 1000 people, and who would tell 10000 people, I think every one is getting my point! - I recommend you keep rewards those who come and use the UNISWAP platform, and after all, it’s all fake money no different than the fiat we avoid and yet need to use!

1 Like

So I just claimed 400 uni for an address my contract address is currently interacting with do I get the 400 uni I claimed on behalf of the contract deployer.

2 Likes

Some peoples are very lucky now if they hodl still this 400 uni tokens from airdrop. This was one of the biggest airdrop ever. But I doubt it will behalpening again . Greetings​:cowboy_hat_face::v:

2 Likes

If the airdrop is repeated it should be pre snapshot wallets and LPS only and factor in the current UNI price.

ie if UNI is 35 dollars, drop should be 1/10th original amount (40 UNI per wallet).

1 Like

Airdrop to LPs, not just everyone again. Real market makers deserve some extra reward apart from trading fees in such a volatile market.

2 Likes

I disagree with those who think that the UNI airdrops was only intended to publicize the project. I understand that this is one of the reasons, but not the only one. Although many of those who received UNI, moved their funds towards the competition, many of us believe in the project and take it as our own.
In my opinion this airdrops was a success. It has managed to retain the users who initially bet on this project and that is very positive.
From here, I think it should be handled like any publicly traded company that distributes part of its profits to investors. In this case, the investors are those users / clients who have promoted the project from its inception. This does not imply leaving aside the new users of the application, on the contrary, it should favor the adoption and purchase of our token and its use on our platform. I believe that this distribution of benefits must be carried out on our platform and those that make it grow.

3 Likes

+1

I agree with you on almost all counts. Except I don’t want to treat UNI as a publicly traded company but rather as a public commons.

1 Like

Yes, I also agree with what you say. The issue is, how do you distribute the common good?

In my case, if at this moment I could invest more capital, I would do it in our project. I am very confident in the work that is being done and I wish, like all of us, the success of this project.

3 Likes

30% coin uni For comunity…???

3 Likes

it was a real success

1 Like

It was so good loved it

1 Like

This airdrop has really expand the community and had brought smile to the life humanity. it was a real success

2 Likes

The airdrop was positive, it made people know more about the project and get more interested in it. It was a great success.

5 Likes

@jhrojas1967 I agree with you, Uni airdrop was a great success. The number of users increased greatly after the airdrop.

4 Likes

Sure, incentives for the ones who cant take out their liquidity due to the eth prices is a plus as well

6 Likes

When people get 2nd years airdrop any idea??
Who get airdrop old claimer/new user??

3 Likes

Overall the airdrop was a positive. I know of plenty Uniswap users (myself included) who felt this allegiance post-drop. In a way, this was our platform, and thus it is important for us to be involved and use it whenever possible. I do think that in certain circumstances, brand / community > capital efficiency.

2 Likes

It attracts new investors for the Uniswap community. Uniswap will form a rich club!

4 Likes