Retroactive Airdrop Excludes Proxy Contract Users (e.g. Dharma, Matcha, etc.)

For those that don’t understand how “gas-less” trades on Dharma work, let me explain.

Dharma users don’t pay gas on their trades, but Dharma does on their behalf, they do this by taking a cut of APY from the “save” feature of their wallet which uses Compound for lending.

Uniswap doesn’t get hurt from being used by Dharma, it has no effect on Uniswap whether I pay the gas or Dharma does, it still gets paid either way.

Uniswap doesn’t even generate revenue from gas either, gas is always paid to the miners who execute smart contracts, never the contracts themselves.

@wazza @kbridge @neverselling

7 Likes

I like this idea as well. The less friction users have during the claim process through simple UX, the better.

6 Likes

No retroactive airdrop. Your users did not have to pay large gas fees. If anything, Dharma owes its users a drop directly, after all how many wallets did Dharma have hooked into uniswap trades?

4 Likes

I support the proposal not for the free money, but for the most fair distribution among UNISWAP USERS. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

This involves all proxy contract uniswap real human users… for example 1INCH Exchange which is a huge DEX aggregator and has many users who used Uniswap exclusively through 1inch exchange to at the same time be sure uniswap was giving the best rate compared to other defi projects, those real human users should have their voice heard by having UNI token power attached to them

3 Likes

Ill be voting no. Hopefully this doesnt even reach the proposal stage

7 Likes

Many of us don’t have much money to throw around on gas fees as many times it would take a massive cut on any potential profits for low fund investors. Dharma is a perfect choice for getting the maximum from my investments and the best option for me to trade on uniswap. You need to realise that not everyone can afford to pay the astronomical fees.

3 Likes

Gas fees aren’t even a factor in this conversation, not paying gas fees doesn’t make you anymore/less of a supporter/user of Uniswap, gas fees do not go to Uniswap but to miners.

8 Likes

The topic isnt even about gas fees… Again, many people use services like 1inch echange where huge fees of nowadays are still paid there and the users who sued uniswap exclusively though 1inch were not rewarded… this highly unfair… i do think it was a mistake to not make sure those users were included and this is why this thread was made. you can see i am a real human being that is even very active and can contribute to teh governance of the project… I have all the transaction hashes were i used uniswap through 1inch exchange, and i didnt get any amount of uni tokens… because i always used 1inch exchange to choose the best DEX at the moment of transaction… ive always been up to date on uniswap development and all and have used it many times through 1inch exchange… this is highly unfair… users like me should be recognized accurately and given the UNI tokens they shoudl have gotten

I have many transactions through 1inch that used uniswap that didnt have any splits with other dexes… 100 percent uniswap. i would like to be recognized, i have the transactions hashes where it can clearly be seen

2 Likes

Please read and adhere to the community guidelines. This feels like a personal attack, rather than a rational argument for your point of view.

Maintaining a light hearted, friendly community vibe is everyone’s responsibility :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Strongly disagree. These are gateway platforms. I started off at Dharma, and once I’d figured it out I moved onto Uniswap directly, while still having a small portfolio at Dharma. Might not have gone on to Uniswap if I hadn’t tried Dharma first, due to the whole gas/gwei/fees mess.

4 Likes

I will most definitely be voting no on this proposal. If you use a proxy service of any kind you did it because you were getting (or thought you were getting) some other benefit on top of the use of Uniswap. In the case of 1inch, for example, you get to split and redistribute your trade by the “best” deal based on different liquidity pools. The claims are for the people who used and supported Uniswap directly, not through some other proxy that merely used Uniswap as a backend. You’re trying to, as the saying goes, have your cake and eat it too.

6 Likes

That sounds like an excellent argument FOR Uniswap to include Dharma in the distribution?

Gas fees have nothing to do with this discussion, it is about participating in the gobernance of uniswap for users that uses swaps trought third party apps but respecting all the rules of uniswap.
If tomorrow are some desition that affects the functionally of uniswap I will like to participate, thats all.
Any changes in uniswap will affect Dharma functionallity and users.
UNI tokens must go to all users of uniswap platform on any form of interaction, making desitions more descentralized, fair and correct for everyone.

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I’m saying. I am replying to JFrankfurt above, who thinks Dharma users are not ‘active participants’ in Uniswap and therefore should not be rewarded, if I read him/her correctly.

2 Likes

nice ill vote for this

4 Likes

Unable to edit my post, but to clarify this is a reply to JFrankfurt’s post above. I am strongly in favour of the proposal to airdrop UNI to Dharma users and those of similar platforms.

3 Likes

The 3rd party services recieved the Uni on their clients behalf and is their responsibility to distribute it to their clients if they wish.

4 Likes

I do not support this at all. Anyone using an aggregator only used uniswap accidentally, if at all. They do not represent core supporters of the concept or protocol. Giving an airdrop to aggregator users defeats the entire purpose of trying to promote uniswap itself.

8 Likes

But many users know they are using uniswap for swaps, just want to use a more friendly app to do that and on top of that apps like Dharma allows new users enter to crypto world.
Because of that one opt-in button that allows users to claim UNI to participate on futures uniswap desitions will be great.
Users that do not know what is uniswap will do not claim.