Add YFI/ETH pool to list of pools eligible for rewards

That doesn’t seem to logically follow that YFI, because it has a lot of liquidity on uniswap, should have incentives added to it vis-à-vis even more free $UNI.

Perhaps we should be looking at projects that are specifically symbiotic with uniswap, i.e. they help make uniswap better in some way, or projects that will make uniswap more desirable to use if we incentivise those pools?

I’m not against adding a YFI pool, I’m just not following the rationale. I don’t think we should all just be rushing to add our bags.

1 Like

100%赞成这个提议 :grin:,真的很棒

APY for Uni pool is already down to 30%. Adding another pool and splitting the rewards will drop them down to 24%… You’re gonna be losing money trying to provide LP in an YFI:ETH pool from IL with only 24% interest.

1 Like

voting power is 0.

Tokens claimed on UNI-day. Tokens haven’t moved from wallet.
why my uni tokens have 0 voting power?

1 Like

This proposal is hurtful to Uniswap ecosystem development.

It only benefits people who already own YFI tokens at the expense of current and future Uniswap ecosystem participants.

At this point YFI token does not possess store of value capabilities. And it’s supply distribution is heavily centralized between a couple of big liquidity providers.

I don’t think it would be good for Uniswap’s reputation to offer UNI tokens for providing liquidity on highly speculative pairs, as it would create incentive for people to buy into these assets and expose them for high risk of losing money.

You don’t want to lock funds for 4 years into providing liquidity for volatile assets with centralized wealth distribution.

3 Likes

Great proposal. Let our voice be heard

I agree with you, we shouldn’t add a non-stable token into the liquidity campaign, doing so will imply to give away our governance (UNI) to a lower level token (YFI). Andre Cronje knows the potential reach of UNI, that’s why his interest in it.

Right now YFI/ETH pair is not appropriate, however maybe revisit this conversation down the road.

I want to know if there are any rewards for the provision of liquidation in ETH/USDT pair?

g’day, quick Q: --> will $WBTC/$USDT ever be added to a pool eligible for UNI rewards?

I would vote No for now. Think other issues are more urgent in this community.

2 Likes

Agreed on that, like really?

When and where we can vote on that?

100 % in favor of this

great project ( YFI )
great proposal
i’m all for this

Btc/uni? Usdt has long position off site as of now. To me , no pair will suite a fixable issue. However, unibank, uni ATM, uni advance could really fix a lot of issues. As for gas prices I’d like to purpose uni bank/ and uniwallet. Zero cost if sent from bank to wallet or vice versa.