Add $UNI/$ETH pool to list of pools eligible for rewards

Yeah thats a good point.

1 Like

Completely agree! Should be one of the first pools to open :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wanted to highlight the community guidelines:

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button.

6 Likes

I am 50/50 on this. Seems like a good idea. I’m just worried about how it could disincentive other pools. I think it’s pretty obvious that the ETH/Stablecoin pools would pose a higher risk to impermanent loss. Honestly, I think this is a bigger discussion. I think that long term the way we incentive certain pools over others could pose a systemic problem. However, I guess I’m in favor of it for now.

1 Like

This brings exceptional value to UNI tokens. Single-asset liquidity additions to most profitable pools.

3 Likes

there’s a natural balance that occurs as liquidity moves into incentivised pools, in that the fees earned from trading become higher for pools not included. That is to say, if I’m in say an ETH / YFI pool as an LP and most people exit to go farm $UNI, I all of a sudden become far more profitable. This keeps a certain amount of liquidity there to make trading those pools viable.
However it seems that if you’re a supporter of uniswap, and ergo $uni, at the moment you’re kind of torn between selling your $uni to get into a pool that can farm $uni. Would be nice to be able to hang on to $uni, provide more liquidity for the $uni pool, AND earn more $uni from the distributions.

9 Likes

cannot agree more

they bear more risk so they deserve them

1 Like

Excited to hear taking care of the community

1 Like

I guess you’re right. It probably balances itself for the most part.

In regards to earning $UNI I’m definitely in favor of something besides being an LP at least in the near term as I don’t want to lose a lot of my $UNI for ETH. I would prefer some kind of staking. In the future it could be good tokenomics to do something even better. We could do what YFI does and have a token buy-back fund based off of fees generated or something.

2 Likes

I agree totally with the ideas.

1 Like

Absolutely right , it should be done afterwards in a manner such that neither it creates fomo and neither it creates a very high sell pressure.

It’s not a bad thing that uninterested people dump early. Especially if they need the money.

1 Like

That a really good idea

Are you sure YFI has that? As far as I knew they distribute yCRV to people who stake YFI.

1 Like

I agree, was surprised there was no UNI pool in the first place.

1 Like

Much better that we stable the price of uni before adding a pool with eth

1 Like

What happens when we run out of UNI to incentivize with? I’m not sure…

Also, this is an interesting, albeit confusing situation since listing this pool for rewards essentially feeds into itself, which might pull liquidity away from the pools external members use Uniswap for.

The way it is now incentivizes liquidity provision to the greater DeFi ecosystem, rather than a self-contained UNI loop. That’s the way I see it, but what do I know? :rofl:

2 Likes

There is a 2% perpetual inflation in UNI, so we will never run out.

1 Like

Good point! But still, something bothers me about this being self-contained.

1 Like

I’m probably wrong about that, maybe I mixed it up with another project. Yearn’s confusing as it is.