Add $UNI/$ETH pool to list of pools eligible for rewards

It seems natural that we’d want to add the uni / ETH pool to the list of pools that upcoming incentives are distributed to. Thoughts?

123 Likes

Makes sense to me. Also provides incentive for people to hold the token rather than dump it.

31 Likes

Yeah I was surprised it wasn’t an option. Is there anyone smarter than me that might know why they didnt? Seem like a Good incentive to stop dumping for short term gains.

18 Likes

when they launched the announcement the token had only just gone live. If they had created the pool first maybe it would have caused the price to spike way to high as everyone fomo’d in and people would have got rekt. idk.

17 Likes

Yeah. Sure it does make sense

9 Likes

Seems natural, yes. Will follow to see if anyone can think of why not

6 Likes

you can purchase it on uniswap. this is the link: https://uniswap.info/token/0x1f9840a85d5af5bf1d1762f925bdaddc4201f984

2 Likes

I totally agree and this would make Uni token more easy to trade on most platforms.

4 Likes

Shake out weak hands :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. It gives people more of an incentive to hold it than to simply market sell it.

4 Likes

This was probably the reason, it makes sense to add it now and promote UNI/ETH liquidity to reduce slippage.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if people dump the token. People interested in Uniswap governance are already buying tokens, you don’t need to give them more free ones

The pools already listed are the ones with highest volume in every major CEX, increasing liquidity to them makes UNI the best option in the market (we’re almost there already). UNI/ETH pool incentives only make sense if UNI is a major trading pair on CEXs to attract users from there.

8 Likes

Yes. I was wondering why this pool wasn’t there by default haha.

1 Like

I think this is especially important because it will encourage liquidity of the UNI token to stay on Uniswap, rather than centralized exchanges.

Having UNI pool in centralized exchanges gives the competition governance rights which seems like a poor strategy for us. We should try to discourage that as much as possible by incentivising the UNI/ETH pool.

21 Likes

Based on some quick research, I think deploying this code is pretty feasible. The largest hurdle now would be getting the governance proposal passed

4 Likes

I would not be surprised that they prefered to keep the major pairs : big volumes so a lot of fees.

Don’t forget that we might be able to stake UNI to gain fees

Giving UNI to pool UNI/ETH, what’s the interest? You want to gain UNI then stake your UNIs and earn fees.

6 Likes

can already add liquidity?

Indeed. This is a great way to tie UNI to ETH and continue to supercharge the value base.

1 Like

Totally agree. Huge volume on eth/uni pair.

1 Like

Staking could be setup to accept UNI LP tokens too

3 Likes