READ ME: How to Create a Temperature Check

The purpose of the Temperature Check is to determine if there is sufficient will to make changes to the status quo.

To create a Temperature Check:

Ask a general, non-biased question to the community on gov.uniswap.org about a potential change (example: “Should Uniswap governance add liquidity mining for XYZ token?”). Forum posts should be labeled as follows: “Temperature Check - [Your Title Here]”. The forum post should include a link to the associated Snapshot poll.

Voters use Snapshot to indicate their interest in bringing it forward to the next stage. Snapshot poll lengths should be set to 2 days.

That’s it! You’ve just started the process of gaining support for a proposal. At the end of the 2 days, a majority vote with a 25k UNI yes-vote threshold wins.

If the Temperature check does not suggest a change from the status quo, the topic will be closed. If the Temperature Check does suggest a change, proceed to Stage 2: Consensus Check.

13 Likes

I think it’s redundant to require “Temperature Check” in front of the title when every post is labeled with it’s respective board.

6 Likes

I suggest having this option less constrained, at least for the early stages.
Currently, not many people are active when it comes to snapshot voting.

So it makes sense to me to create temperature checks with bigger time frames - like a month.

It would be somewhat similar to how autonomous proposals work:
once a proposal reaches a certain level of support, it can move forward to the next stage.

3 Likes

C’est chercher à savoir la nouvelle de quelque chose

2 Likes