As the founder of Compound, I bring:
- An intimate understand of the UNI token and governance system – which is derived from the COMP governance system
- A strong incentive to see Uniswap succeed, for the long term – it’s a Compound market, a crucial piece of DeFi infrastructure, and a product I use often
- A well known record of safely building and guiding a protocol
I would prefer that UNI token-holders vote their own tokens; but if you don’t plan to, I’d like to offer my time and attention, to vote on UNI proposals on your behalf.
My framework for voting on proposals is as follows:
- Risk mitigation – proposals should not introduce technical or market risks, before they have been vetted / analyzed / understood
- Fairness – the proposal creator should not disproportionately benefit at the expense of other users
- Open Mindedness – when in doubt, I listen to the community, ask questions, and make objective decisions that I feel are best
Disclosures: I hold a small (relative to my overall portfolio) position in UNI / cUNI.