Announcing Dharma's Intention to Propose the Retroactive UNI Distribution

disagree!

I wonder howmany those ‘users’ addresses of Dharma were actually generated by their owners so that they can fake until make it to get VC money.

They will dump UNI for a nice profit if they get airdrops.

4 Likes

Hi Chris,
I can answer for Argent.
Voting is already possible in Argent using wallet connect.

Also, Argent is fully non custodial it’s our users that would receive those Uni, we would have no control on those.

5 Likes

Nobody is going to support this proposal, make a proposal that really benefits the project and makes it grow and they are not begging for these Uni, win it with some good proposals, and that they see the desire to carry the project forward.

5 Likes

Disagree dharma and others like it work against uniswap intrinsically by using uniswap and other AMM to make a profit it’s entirely not the same as a front end or contract user.

I dislike the fact that the people that invested in this movement early October of this year got left out, I only use coinbase pro for trading so I didn’t know about UNI, but I read about the company and decided to invest money into the company. Seems like some of the people that qualified for the prior air drop just sold with market orders and drove the price down. I saw people on reddit asking should they sell their coins bc they didn’t think Uniswap was a good investment. Smh, then I finally see the coin getting back stable enough to head in the right direction and I see that there will be another air drop that I won’t be apart of. however, I will be effected by it. Investors are seeing losses because of these air drops, and i feel like it could discourage us from getting involved. I believe in the company’s vision, but protect your investors/holders by not approving the proposal. or include us in the air drop at least…

2 Likes

You make a good point about governance and the ROI for the dozens of people and hundreds of hours spent making, debating, and flitterfucking about on governance proposals.

I disagree with your thoughts on distribution of wealth, but that’s neither here nor there.

Just to interrogate your position a little further: is it really Dharma that has $15M on the line? Or their users? That said… is the average Dharma user even aware of the airdrop that they “missed out” on?

Who knows.

That said, I think we can all get behind the idea of no further retroactive distributions. The norm isn’t “no retroactive distributions”–it’s “we’ve given UNI to everyone that had a reasonable claim to some given the original intent”. If another bloc came forward with a compelling argument, they’d have the same chance to make their case. Let’s not lose nuance simply for the sake of unity.

2 Likes

bravo

i just placed a “limit buy” to swap ETH to UOS so i can take advantage of market fluctuations as a value investor

i used dharma wallet because it is the only user interface that allows me to do so

i recognize that Uniswap is being utilized in the background as a liquidity provider and AMM

this is what i consider a healthy ecosystem of interoperable tools that can provide innovate use-cases for us. these use-cases will bring ‘safety’ and greater adoption, which will benefit everyone.

the dharma claim is an extension of the principle above. too many people here are failing to zoom out and to recognize how exogenous factors have a greater role to play in the success of Uniswap, than any single decision we make to improve how we work internally.

you know how honda became the dominant car manufacturer in NA? they gave their cars away for decades to build customer loyalty around their brand. when the next uniswap comes along that offers a compelling, but similar, service, first mover advantage won’t help a gnat’s ass hair from getting singed if we cannibalize the eco-system we depend on.

3 Likes

I fully support with your intentions ,
Go head and my vote with you. Old uni holder or newone no effect on others.

Fascinating. I’ve used Dharma, and frankly, when I did so, their integration with Uniswap sucked; you could only trade ETH/token pairs, from what I could tell. I wanted to swap some DAI into USDC, and couldn’t. Somehow didn’t register the DAI as having any USD value.

Because I moved to a different interface. For the simplest usecases, it’s a great platform. But I still used Uniswap regardless of the wallet: for most of my DeFi dabblings, I’m using MetaMask; if I had to recommend a wallet to a friend, it’d probably be Argent, as they take a lot of the premises of Dharma and build them out in a way that I like more.

Different experiences, but with the same service in Uniswap.

1 Like

different use cases = different tooling

for example, i just added liquidity to a Uniswap pool to capitalize on a token staking/incentive program
i can’t use dharma for that, so i happily used uniswap and metamask

my use-case
my goals
(whatever tools get me there)

i think what we forget sometimes is that this is a consumer driven economy. i’m not going to avoid using dharma because uniswap/metamask can’t give me limit buys. until recently, gas fees were paid for by Dharma as a promotion. am i going to spend gas in metamask because i’m hell-bent on avoiding proxy contracts to engage with Uniswap? lol - that doesn’t even compute.

so yeah - uniswap is a key node in the crypto DeFi complexity space. it succeeds because of the interactions between partners, not despite them.

a linear thinker would beg to differ, and that’s ok. it’s like trying to argue with a square hole when you are a circular peg.

4 Likes

This is not true, there are multiple interfaces and projects that allow creating limit orders on Uniswap

2 Likes

I am a $Uni holder & voted yes for this proposal coz of one simple reason. Every Uniswap user got the Airdrop except those accessing Uniswap through Proxy contract. So by the definition of a “User” those who accessed Uniswap to trade via Dharma or any other services provider, are still a user & therefore should get the Airdrop like everyone. Governance should be decentralised, fair & transparent for all users.

2 Likes

ok thx @Agusx1211, i should probably restate that to “it’s the only UI that i know of…”.

interesting, i’ll have to google who else allows it - interested to compare the user experience

Is anyone else having issues voting? I self-delegated my UNI, connected my wallet (I can see my uni in the top right corner), but there is no Vote For or Vote Against button…any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

The fact is people use DHARMA because they help with fee when eth fee going moon atm. they even advertise uniswap and onboard more people to use protocol. for those people who against/ afraid this airdrop will hurt uni price should not invest at first place, UNISWAP TEAM never set price for uni and it was given for free. it was mean for governance not for your profit

1 Like

Not everybody got free coins, that proves to me that you are not an active trader. Regardless of what it is meant for, its free money for people that are probably not even invested in UNI at this point. I’m invested on coinbase pro and I didn’t get any free coins js if this get approved I’m out… Trend of bad decisions equal no money and high hopes

i been here from v1 uniswap the only one i trade daily. why do you think i’m not active trader? i’m still holding my free airdrop, this proposal doesn’t affect me at all, and why on earth coinbase pro trader doing here? what your interest? you just come here when $uni was announcement and missed airdrop? like i said above it was mean for governance not for your profit.

1 Like

LOL, I don’t need free coins for money smh. You can alway tell new traders from the old, and lastly if it was not for profit. How come you can sell it, on a trading exchange? Please make sense of that? Everything we do is for profit sir… lol smh

1 Like

Hello Chris, I can answer for Eidoo.
Eidoo is a non-custodial wallet. The list we provided is composed by all the eligible addresses of the Eidoo users.
I want to remark that the beneficiary of this retroactive airdrop is not the Eidoo team but the Eidoo users who interacted with the Uniswap smartcontract before September.
Voting is already possible in Eidoo through Wallet Connect.

A genuine question - why have only around 25% of the delegated votes been used to vote so far? Are delegates just waiting till the last second? But for what reason?