Add "A/ agree" and "D/ disagree" button on all proposals and comments

It should function as an inside community poll before any proposals comes out to public.
Also, it helps for some members to express their thoughts without leaving any comment.

22 Likes

I think this is superfluous! But it would not be bad to make Ranks on the forum

5 Likes

I guess your right but im here for the long run?
The future? I dis agree the public should see every comment or proposal!

3 Likes

Good practice is to add a poll to your proposal. Perhaps we can start encouraging this going forward to make it easier to gauge interest.

5 Likes

I think it’s also worth limiting the number of messages per person per day for a while! Then it will be easier for you! And the community will write more meaningful and informative posts.

2 Likes

The word “dislike” may be too negative.
Changing it to “agree” and “oppose” would be clean.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right mate :+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely there should be a dislike button on everything. For those of you who are new to communities, or even if you’ve been part of communities before, here is a great article about the benefit of the “dislike” button and why remaining passive in a growing community is ultimately bad for the community’s health. I was looking for a good place to share this, and this article seemed like a good opportunity.

Highly recommend giving it a read, particularly for those who plan on sticking around for a while and/or are seeking moderation roles.

6 Likes

I completely agree with you!! :thinking:

2 Likes

I really don’t think as adults the verbiage of the button should be an issue… “dislike” is concise and gets the point across.

“I dislike this” is the opposite of the current upvote: “I like this”.

Actually, it’s a heart, saying “I love this”, so if we’re going to go that extreme in one direction, the opposite it should be the “hate” button.

3 Likes

Ya this is a good one and can help in decluttering long threads but I fear the silence. People may not prefer to comment on anything at all and the community might become passive with just yes and nos.

3 Likes

To form a welcoming community, it might be better to have only the like/heart button.
Disliked proposals should not be “down” voted. If moderators eliminate double posts/trash posts it should be fine.

3 Likes

Feel free to use https://snapshot.page/#/uniswap to understand community support for your proposal.

2 Likes

Yeah, if the forum to to develop governance it needs a means of aggregating opinion. Moreover, a generative procedure to develop a proposal by integrating the most popular comments and suggestions into a formal proposal for voting into practise would be desireable.

2 Likes

Isn’t this exactly what a poll within a topic can be used for? :wink: Simply put a poll in the initial post and have people vote on it (Agree / Disagree). And preferably, have them elaborate on their choices in the comments.

As @kolten also mentioned.
@moody also offered an amazing link right there.

That being said, personally I think we could lock this thread. However, I’ll leave that up to one of the other moderators and let the discussion continue for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While you might think that is the best way to have an inclusive, welcoming community, a dislike button or way to quickly show that someone disagrees is integral. I posted an article about it that has been proven time and time again since early usenet days, I thought in this forum but cannot find it. Will repost if I can’t find.

We’re tasked with governing a DeFi system with billions of dollars of assets locked in it… There is no room to be coy or cater to anyone’s capacity for offense. That doesn’t mean be rude, but it can’t be all hearts and hugs.

If someone chooses to take disagreement or a dislike personally they are hindering growth, and their reaction is on them. I am 100% in favor of a dislike button and think it should show who disliked (and liked) each post. This will allow moderators to filter out people spamming or abusing the dislike button.

1 Like

i think yes must ad those buttons so it easy to react on them

2 Likes

A katılıyorum ben de

1 Like

I agree with this suggestion!

Although should people who disagree not be forced to explain why? Otherwise you could see a proposal received an overwhelming amount of disagrees and zero explanation

1 Like

i total agree ,
donate here 0xbb76539b3a02F51170BF4b8bc251F153098cEB4E