[RFC] Community Governance Process Changes

Hi all,

Glad to see this in motion. I agree with @GFXlabs that a higher quorum for the Snapshot poll might be a good idea. Reaching quorum would then indicate that the proposal is either an absolute home run or that the proposer has done the leg work to get it in front of enough delegates to get buy-in from the community. 10m seems a reasonable number.

I wanted to raise one more item here. While in general I’d like to avoid the scenario where the DAO must decide the best option out of several, it’s reasonable to think that we’ll run up against it at some point. Given a recent personal run-in with ranked-choice voting, I strongly believe that it’s a superior method to first past the post voting (despite having lost the vote in question!). That said, it’s not super intuitive to understand the implications of your vote in RCV and I’d like to avoid a situation where we’re explaining it to stakeholders while a vote is happening.

It’s not easy to envision a scenario where we’re making such a choice given the DAO’s current structural constraints, but I do think it’s worth there being a bullet point in both the Phase 2: Temperature check section and the Proposed formalization of process changes to off-chain components of governance process section that indicate that in the event of a choice between several options, RCV will be the methodology used.

2 Likes