[Proposal] Excluded Proxy Contract Airdrop — Phase 1

if they don’t i will. its not only dharma affected by this

can it man, you had two tries to get more money it failed move on.

1 Like

If there are delegates who had intended to vote, they should come forward. If they don’t, I think the vote should stand and (crucially) the display error should be fixed before the next (unrelated) proposal. I would note the commitment made from Dharma to incorporate Uniswap governance voting into their app if the proposal were to pass. This would have provided another avenue to vote, and maybe one with the time remaining displayed correctly! Uniswap should be eager to promote a diverse multitude of UIs to offset the failure of any one.

Can I just say as a retrospective: to see a proposal once again get overwhelming support but fail by virtue of not reaching quorum is disheartening. Personally I am disinclined to continue to participate in Uniswap governance and I have little faith in the process as it stands. My causes for concern:

• Despite the design of the initial airdrop, voting power is highly concentrated.
  • People actually involved in discussion on this forum seem to make up a tiny fraction of voting power.
  • Large delegates aren’t actively involved in discussion and abstain from voting. In some cases, for instance Gauntlet’s position, they have chosen to abstain supposedly to encourage a fairer vote. I think this is a red flag if large delegates feel like they must actually restrict themselves from voting. Quadratic voting anyone?
  • An additional problem with delegates not voting is the timing of their declaration to abstain, if there is a declaration at all. Delegators should know in advance of their Delegates abstaining.
  • Generally there is an unhealthy preoccupation with the short term price movement of UNI in governance proposals, and not a lot of consideration toward how to improve governance itself. Both proposals so far have been failed by the process.

A huge amount of effort went into this proposal from both sides of the debate, over the course of many weeks. Thank you to Dharma for putting forward the proposal and to all the projects that submitted their list of unique users, you fought for the interests of your users admirably. Thanks also go to those who took the time to oppose the proposal with thoughtful discussion.

1 Like

Hypothesis: even proposals with unanimous agreement won’t pass due to voter apathy and ridiculous quorum constraints that have already proven ineffective

experiment: launch a proposal with unanimous support

expected outcome: quorum will not be achieved

i hope y’all know who the Guvner is.

I’m willing to bet that more than 50% of UNI are in the hands of traders that wouldn’t know ‘governance’ if the gavel smashed them in the face.

Sorry Dharma, you tried very hard. Just wanna say they are the reason I have come to like Uniswap so much. It’s unfortunate some of the community doesn’t see you guys the same way.

2 Likes

well said, on to the next. lets get a real proposal to governance and move away from “air drops”

3 Likes

Wow governance (lack of) killed the ethereum star.

Incredible to ignore early adopters.

From page turner to turn the page.

Heavy hitters sitting out votes. Brutal.

Nah I think very little inertia exists with the “sitting pretties.”

Proposal wasteland.

Home run hitter spelling it out for the rest of us. Bats clean up for a reason. Governance here can’t field a starting 9.

The irony and structure of the first proposal (Reducing Quorum Threshold) convinced me to vote against this one, also after asking several people in discord it seems that they believe; not voting is the same as voting against, which is not true.

(In Favor) - (Against) = 40m
In order to pass.

1 Like

i know right people dont even understand that simple concept, atleast dharma aint getting no free air drop. would not be surprised if they just dumped all thier uni

1 Like

Good that it didn’t pass, now please move on to some real proposals that will benefit the protocol.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Your whole premise is filled with illogicalities. For example if something by definition is unanimous as you say, how would it not reach the quorum?

The end result was 96.7% for, 3.3% against, if that isn’t a consensus I don’t know what is.

Gauntlet, In their attempt to be political said they were positive towards the proposal but abstaining due to a desire to avoid qualitative votes and the fact that quorum could be reached without them.

In my opinion it is not responsible for a delegate that composes 18.36% of the vote share to abstain regardless of how they would choose to vote, they have directly blocked quorum and I would hope in the future the Uniswap community will remember the duplicitous manner in which they conducted themselves.

3 Likes

of course i’m filled with illogicalities

you think language was semantically constructed to make sense? ha!

instead of picking apart ‘how i say things’ - focus instead on ‘what i meant’

there is humanity there

for example, perhaps i meant the following

• where ‘unanimous’ IS the percentage of the voting UNI that is aware they have a vote and a governance responsibility to give a sh…

that wasn’t so hard - since we are adding value here, are there any other logical errors that i have made? why don’t we call in a 3rd party semiotics professor to opine on this discussion as well. i’m sure his/her objectivity will sting us both.

wake me up when UNI implements reverse-staking

until then, i’ll vote by seeding my random number generator from an electro-magnetic sensor i have mounted in my backyard

time to find out if the universe is truly random

It was a close vote, and it could have easily reached quorum. The abstaining/against votes won it this time, not much more to it. It was not a good proposal, and it couldn’t swing the votes.

Hopefully we get to move forward as a community to better proposals. Get that RNG out of your backyard @rabbidfly, useful proposals are soon to come.

Guys I really understand there are users wich deserve a UNI airdrop but what about users like me new to UNI which as well never receive UNI airdrop but still invest and support it?

2 Likes

A hilarious response you made me chuckle :slight_smile:

1 Like

i support… new users deserve UNI too… if UNI liquidity mining continue or another mechanism… if i understand UNI vision, all users need to participate in governance. But no another not consensual airdrop