[Proposal] Excluded Proxy Contract Airdrop — Phase 1

The last proposal was more controversial as users were afraid of putting governance in the hands of two companies. This is rewarding users who used the system like everyone else, just with a proxy contract. We still knew we were using Uniswap.

1 Like

From the UNI blog post:

Uniswap owes its success to the thousands of community members that have joined its journey over the past two years. These early community members will naturally serve as responsible stewards of Uniswap.

Using Dharma to unknowingly trade Uniswap was not joining the Uniswap journey. Those who used Dharma used Dharma , not Uniswap.

• They were not early Uniswap community members.
  • They were not on the Uniswap journey.
  • They are Dharma users.

To the Dharma folks: perhaps create your own DHARMA token and airdrop to your users.

This applies to 1inch and others too.

Please can we put a line through this already and prove that we’re resistant to what amounts to subversion.

2 Likes

Probably the worst take I’ve seen so far

The people who used Dharma still count as users of UniSwap, their trade volumes still count, it doesn’t matter what frontend was used if they interacted with the UniSwap smart contracts via some other frontend when connected to their own wallet then they are still UniSwap users.

Every single unique frontend which allows more users to access UniSwap is a great thing for the UNI token

7 Likes

Probably the worst take I’ve seen so far

For the avoidance of doubt and to ensure that this hyperbole is recognised for what it is by readers, please view the screenshot below and:

1. Find any reference to Uniswap on this image
  2. Once found; as a new user to Ethereum, how would you recognise this mark as “Uniswap”

This is why Dharma users are not Uniswap users. And why this proposal should not pass.

3 Likes

These points are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

What would happen to this exchange feature on Dharma all UniSwap liquidity migrated to SushiSwap and there was 0 left on UniSwap?

It wouldn’t work and because all of Dharma’s users are using UniSwap via Dharma’s app. They are still UniSwap users.

I hope this is clear.

1 Like

You’re right, I’m blinded by the excessive amount of branding on the uniswap app itself, such a huge difference…

1 Like

What would happen to this exchange feature on Dharma all UniSwap liquidity migrated to SushiSwap and there was 0 left on UniSwap?

Dharma will not punish their users by plugging into or setting the default trade to route through an illiquid exchange.

You’re right, I’m blinded by the excessive amount of branding on the uniswap app itself, such a huge difference…

I refuse to take the bait on this one.

Look. I used Dharma. I used Argent. And Lord knows I’ve used 1inch more times than I can count.

What you guys are arguing for is a thinly veiled handout.

Read the blog post. Read the critiques. Of course we’ll find ways to spin this into some justification that we’re owed $1200. That’s understandable. But it is not at all inline with the Uniswap blog post.

Once again, I ask you to look at the screenshot I posted. Imagine yourself using Dharma and then try to understand why the complete lack of reference to Uniswap is at odds with the Uniswap journey and being an early Uniswap community member.

Again. From the blog post:

Uniswap owes its success to the thousands of community members that have joined its journey over the past two years. These early community members will naturally serve as responsible stewards of Uniswap.

3 Likes

If the Dharma users are unaware they’re a part of the UniSwap journey, then why have so many shared their thoughts about wanting to get the UNI they missed out on?

Because they found out they could get free UNI (Dharma made their plans public) and came here to push for it.

The complete omission of “Uniswap” from the Dharma swap feature is a key factor here. The icon is not even expandable to show that the icon relates to Uniswap.

Going further, I could argue that Dharma’s integration of Uniswap to enhance their product, whilst not providing clear credit to Uniswap, is another reason to vote against this proposal.

2 Likes

The proposal is now officially live — VOTE here

Due to a bug in the Uniswap Governance UI, the description included in the proposal is not rendering correctly. Until that bug is fixed, I’m pasting the description here:

Context

Description

This proposal brings to a formal vote the Retroactive Distribution, discussed at length in the above links.

This proposal retroactively distributes 400 UNI to 12,619 distinct addresses who interacted with Uniswap via a proxy contract. These 12,619 users are “Phase 1” of the Retroactive Distribution, encompassing users of application-integrations. All of these 12619 addresses were excluded from the original airdrop.

The Phase determination was made based on how easy it is to programmatically hook a trading bot into them, as this is a proxy for what portion of these cohorts risk representing multiple addresses per end-user. Phase 1 is the less programmatically accessible cohort, indicating a lower likelihood of multiple addresses per end-user.

Specifically, this proposal distributes 5,047,600 UNI in total in 400-UNI increments to accounts held by users of the following projects:

Project Accounts % of total
Argent 3418 27.09%
DeFi Saver 890 7.05%
Dharma 2833 22.45%
eidoo 301 2.39%
FURUCOMBO 57 0.45%
MEW 4278 33.90%
Monolith 19 0.15%
Nuo 740 5.86%
Opyn 79 0.63%
rebalance 4 0.03%

Additional Considerations

1. No Repeat Fund Recovery Proposals

Dharma is committed to carrying out the Retroactive Airdrop proposal. This includes proposing Phase 1, and, if Phase 1 is successful, proposing Phase 2.
If either Phase fails, we will accept that as the final determination of the Uniswap community. Should both Phases pass, we will not vote in favor of any further retroactive airdops.

2. Dharma’s Commitments to Uniswap Governance

Dharma is committed to being an active, engaged member of Uniswap governance, just as we have been in the Compound community. As a signal of this commitment, if this proposal passes, we will commit to:

• Giving Dharma users the ability to delegate their UNI holdings for voting, as well as to vote directly with their UNI holdings.
  • Participating in the development of a Uniswap Improvement Proposal (UIP) Process in collaboration with other engaged community members.
7 Likes

The speed at which this is being pushed through is alarming and disgusting.

I urge those who want Uniswap governance to remain credible to vote NO on this proposal.

4 Likes

This proposal has been in discussion ad nauseam on these forums, on Twitter, and in the broader community for well over 5 weeks at this point.

There are legitimate, philosophical reasons to take issue with this proposal — the idea that this is being “rushed” is not one of those.

6 Likes

5 weeks on a protocol that may exist for a century is rushed.

And I understand why. The longer the wait the more decentralised the governance. It’s now or never. But that doesn’t change how horrible this is to deal with.

2 Likes

Stop this nonsense

Go and VOTE.

No one is stopping you from doing that.

2 Likes

What you call “nonsense” I call “checks and balances”.

I firmly believe this entire process is totally against the spirit of the UNI launch post for the reasons I’ve stated above.

Dharma (and other) users were not part of the Uniswap community nor were they on the Uniswap journey.

As evidenced above, the chance that any Dharma user even knew they were interacting with Uniswap is slim to none - let alone deserving of the full 400 UNI airdrop.

A complete sham and total subversion of the process. Vote NO.

4 Likes

Vote for Dharma.

1. 12k user might be added to uni community in one way or other.

2. Dev’s that build on uni feel encouraged and work towards a greater good.

2 Likes

Maybe Dharma wasn’t the more explicit proxy through Uniswap, but some was more.
I used directly Uniswap post-1st septembre (3rd september actually), and believed I had already used it before… So after looking through my apps (MEW, Monolith, …) I discovered that I was in the Monolith (so going through ParaSwap) adresses.

I choose Uniswap, cause Uniswap looked more trustable than others… On my apps, it was more displayed than only a logo, and Dharma isn’t even the more respresentative of the phase 1 list.

So I delegate my ~41 UNI (40 that I bought + 1 I claimed from UNI pool rewards) to Dharma, cause I support this proposal, and I will do the same for the phase 2.

I will not convince you, because everyone seems stuck on their positions here, but everything I can say is that voting is governing, go against if you want, or support the proposal if you want.

At the end, if this proposal is accepted, some Dharma/MEW/… users will have the choice to claim, to sell, to hold, … their UNI, like had the first UNI holders.

I think it’s about fairness, at the initial drop some had able to claim the drop on multiples adresses, was it fair? no, but it couldn’t be avoided.
Here, for many users this could be more fair if this approval is accepted.

Maybe some will say “life is unfair”, yes it could be, more or less, but when you living under a dictatorship government, you don’t vote, it seems unfair. Here we can vote, even if we don’t have the same weight in the vote, so I don’t think I would vote to make things more unfair even for the small weight I represent.

3 Likes

this is pretty bad just looks like a group who missed out on free money wants their money, if this is all the “voting” is going to be used for then this is worthless

2 Likes

I think we can all agree with this assumption:

1 Dharma user != 1 Uniswap user

Yes. You may have used Dharma knowing it was Uniswap and supporting Uniswap. But we can say without doubt that this did not apply to 100.00% of Dharma users.

If you follow the objective rationale here, you will see that airdropping 400 UNI to a Uniswap user and 400 UNI to a Dharma user is imbalanced.

It is saying: “you may not knowingly used Uniswap and you may not even know what Uniswap is. But here’s 400 UNI tokens.”

Once again. This is not in the spirit of the UNI launch post which explicitly states that Uniswap users and community members will be “responsible stewards” of the Uniswap protocol.

For many users (Dharma, Argent and so forth), they did not fit the description. 50% might? 90% might? But not 100.00% as implied by the equal 400 UNI distribution.

6 Likes

look you guys missed out on free money its not the end of the world quit ruining the UNI eco system with your greedy AF proposals. Even if you guys do get the airdrop it wont be worth more then a couple bucks cause you will have destroyed the value of UNI

4 Likes