Deploy Uniswap V3 to Polygon PoS Chain

This is way overdue but now is the right time LFG!!

3 Likes

This should have been implemented a long time ago! Its a win win for both Uni and Matic along with Crypto as a whole.

I personally stopped using uni a long time ago due to exorbitant gas fees

5 Likes

This has to be done. No question about it. I support this initiative.

4 Likes

Love to see Uniswap on Polygon Help us from gas fee .and expand Uniswap for Growth

3 Likes

Good idea because eth gas fees to expensife

1 Like

Only question is why did this not happen soonerā€¦ But better late than never!

4 Likes

Would love to see this as a long time Uni user.

3 Likes

Soon we will NOT need TWAPā€¦ :smiley:

Pythia and TRAILS going to do everything.

1 Like

Idk why some of the largest and best DeFi protocols are stuck on Ethereum. Got Compound working (stillā€¦) on Starports through Cosmos. Not really sure what if anything Uniswap is working towards?

But, we ARE the community. Someone needs to jump out and take a little initiative instead of us ALL saying ā€˜I like thisā€™, ā€˜I want Uni on Polygonā€™, ā€˜This is a good ideaā€™, etc. etcā€¦

Also, this ran across my mindā€¦

I wonder if NFTs could be used for migrating an addressā€™ UniSwap portfolio?

What about using NFTs for keeping track of pooled assets on separate chains?
ā€“The UNIv3 pools on Polygon would add to the pools on Ethereum. So that the liquidity pools arenā€™t fragmented across L1, L2 and other chains. Iā€™m sure that the pool info wouldnā€™t be 100% correct all the time, but at least functional and not fragmented.

Just an idea.

1 Like

Just do it UNI ā€¦

We canā€™t afford to use u on Ethā€¦

1 Like

Honestly, this would be groundbreaking. I would actually be happy to use UNI again because gas is TOO HIGH to do anything. ETH is exactly like BTC: only good for holding and not using. Itā€™s time for Polygon integration.

2 Likes

Would love to see this HAPPEN!!!

2 Likes

First, we can consider allocating a significant amount of capital from our treasury to incentivize liquidity. As mentioned above, we generally do not provide liquidity incentives anymore but, given the respect and importance we assign to Uniswap, we can make an exception in this case.

I would love to see the UNI/WETH pair being one of the pools being incentivized in the polygon side-chain.

3 Likes

For temperature check I vote in favor.

Looking at the post everything is self explanatory and can be checked. Only question is point 3). @MihailoBjelic Iā€™d personally like to hear more details about " We are willing to incentivize Uniswap adoption, financially and otherwise" before the on-chain vote.

3 Likes

Thanks for the vote/support and the question @BOR4, highly apreciated!

Re: incentives, in the proposal we tried to expand on both financial and non-financial support we would be happy to offer. This is just our high-level thinking at the moment; we would dedicate a relevant team from our side (probably our DeFi lead and one of us co-founders personally) to do a deeper analysis, brainstorm, specify all the details and lead this from our side. This team should ideally work closely with the Uniswap team and community.

The goal is clear; Unsiwap should become a leading DEX on Polygon. Based on our experience with other blue chip DeFi protocols, we are ideally targeting (much) higher number of users and some other KPIs than the ones Uniswap currently has on Ethereum.

If you would like me to be more specific about either financial or non-financial incentives, I can try to do that. In terms of financial incentives, are current thinking is as follows:

1. Do an analysis and pick the optimal pairs (i.e. pairs that are most likely to spur the adoption) to incentivize;
  2. Do a long-term incentivization campaign rather than a short-term one. We have mainly done short(er)-term campaigns with other DeFi projects, but our (current) understanding of Uniswap V3 and the incenvization model built on top of it is that a long(er)-term campaign would be more effective.

Hope this was helpful. Please let me know if I can clarify anything further.

1 Like

Heyo,

Thanks for your answer.

that makes sense. Not sure if itā€™d be nice to have concrete numbers (or at least some minimums) before the on-chain vote. I am aware that Optimism and Arbitrum deployments happened without any financial incentives so anything that Polygon is willing to dedicate is more than welcome.

Numbers aside, I think itā€™d be really nice if liquidity mining on v3 deployment on Polygon had some nuances to it where for example specific ranges are incentivized more. That would showcase real power of v3 technology which I feel atm is bit underutilized which is a shame because you can do so many cool things with v3 liquidity mining.

2 Likes

I think it would be great to get Uniswap v3 deployed on Polygon. Iā€™ll go ahead and vote YES on the Snapshot and follow up before the Consensus check with a few detailed questions about the process and responsibilities of the parties involved to get it deployed and meaningfully integrated.

2 Likes

As we all know:

1. Uni focuses on L2;

2. Polygon acquired HERMEZ;

If L2 is the future
Why not deploy uniswap directly in HERMEZ?
I believe polygon will also transfer the ecology to HERMEZ in the future.

2 Likes

Todo es posible - Everything is possibleā€¦

Makes sense, thank you!

We updated the proposal with some specific figures (see 3.1. Financial incentives).

We are generally aware of the exciting possibilities that liquidity mining on top of v3 offers, and we looking forward to offer our expertise and work with the Uniswap team and community to make it as effective as possible.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or feedback.

6 Likes