Deploy Uniswap V3 to Polygon PoS Chain

I think it would be great to get Uniswap v3 deployed on Polygon. I’ll go ahead and vote YES on the Snapshot and follow up before the Consensus check with a few detailed questions about the process and responsibilities of the parties involved to get it deployed and meaningfully integrated.

2 Likes

As we all know:

1. Uni focuses on L2;

2. Polygon acquired HERMEZ;

If L2 is the future
Why not deploy uniswap directly in HERMEZ?
I believe polygon will also transfer the ecology to HERMEZ in the future.

2 Likes

Todo es posible - Everything is possible…

Makes sense, thank you!

We updated the proposal with some specific figures (see 3.1. Financial incentives).

We are generally aware of the exciting possibilities that liquidity mining on top of v3 offers, and we looking forward to offer our expertise and work with the Uniswap team and community to make it as effective as possible.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or feedback.

6 Likes

Very interesting proposal, I support and am willing to vote

4 Likes

I hope we can speed up and pass the proposal as soon as possible ~ I can’t wait

7 Likes

We deployed our whole stack to Polygon. Deliciously fast and cheap. So today we experienced a tx anomaly on SushiSwap (not delicious) as the result of one of their oracles. If Uniswap deploys to Polygon, it would solve many problems with market dislocation as the result of oracle unreliability. PLEASE DEPLOY!!!

1 Like

Makes perfect sense, LFG!

We agree with all of the major points listed in the proposal. It is long overdue that Uniswap deploy v3 alongside the other major DeFi protocols on Polygon, and with the capital that users will save on transaction fees, some (or most?) of the money will flow back through Uniswap. On top of that, the $15M that Polygon has committed for a long-term liquidity mining campaign will be important for reaching critical mass on Polygon quickly.

2 Likes

When will the “* Up to $15M for a long-term liquidity mining campaign” start?

Polygon is certainly a scalable solution for the atrium.
Just install it now! :slightly_smiling_face:

My name is Roc Zacharias. I’m one of the Co-Founders of QuickSwap, the V2 child of UniSwap, and currently largest DEX On Polygon.

We are delighted to have UniSwap V3 join the Polygon family, and hope to have great synergy between our fork of your V2 and your V3 as both serve important purposes. Welcome UniSwap fam, it feels like our parent is finally coming home from a long business trip! Let us know if there is anything we can do to support the transition. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hope yes soon
i m tired fees so big

1 Like

I have a question. What cross chain tool can I use to cross link the uni of my main network to matic?

1 Like

Why is there no 0.01% fee tear on the UI?

1 Like

They definitely have Roc!
So glad to see it happen

any update on this? thanks

4 Likes

Good Twitter thread here asking about the same.

@MihailoBjelic ?

1 Like

Likewise. But we have been through this before. Governance voting is the only way forward on this matter.

Hello, as the proposal to deploy Uniswap V3 on Polygon has passed both Snapshot and onchain voting (Agora), and also deployed a while ago, the Deployment Accountability Committee is interested to get an update on the commitment your team has made to support the Uniswap Ecosystem.

We have identified the following commitments. Please confirm whether each has been executed and if not, timeline and plans on how to execute them

3.1. Financial incentives

We could consider allocating a significant amount of capital from our treasury to incentivize liquidity. As mentioned above, we generally do not provide liquidity incentives anymore but, given the respect and importance we assign to Uniswap, we can make an exception in this case.

Specifically, we would be willing to commit up to $20M for this purpose, and we propose to use these funds in the following way:

Up to $15M for a long-term liquidity mining campaign;
Up to $5M for a special purpose DAO, focused on the overall adoption of Uniswap on Polygon.
This amount, as well as the proposed use of funds do not have to be final; we are willing to discuss and work with the Uniswap team and community in order to finalize them.

3.2. Non-financial incentives

We can employ a number of non-financial activities to help Uniswap on Polygon grow. Some of the things we could do:

Actively participate in the design and execution of liquidity mining campaigns;
Work with prominent projects in our DeFi ecosystem to help them understand the benefits of using Uniswap V3 as a “money lego”, i.e. important component of their protocol;
Promote Uniswap as a “money lego” on hackathons and other developer-focused events and efforts etc.

We are excited to hear more about the progress you have made so far and the future plans, and help share that information with the Uniswap community.

2 Likes