URGENT discussion on current vote: "Reduce UNI Governance Proposal & Quorum Thresholds"

Quick aside: Dharma does not have 15M UNI. They have 15M UNI delegated to them.

Andre just voted yes, we are really close of Dharma taking over governance :frowning:

2 Likes

arent they 10 million votes short?

No, Currently has 38,549,331 votes of 40,000,000 required.

Edit: This proposal expires at 18:00 UTC on Monday

letā€™s piece a few things together

• Andre Cronje (eth dev who built YFI) just added 8M votes
  • Hayden Adams keeps retweeting Dharma

What do we actually believe is going on here? :slight_smile:

Something tells me this proposal would never have been launched unless there was 100% certainty it would pass. Not good or bad. Just guesswork.

1 Like

Says it expires on the 19th for me which is in 2 days time so it cant possibly expire for you today as no country is that far apart in time zones

1 Like

Better alert all UNI holders to self delegate so we can vote this down if it passes quorum which it looks like it will

1 Like

They cant they had to be delegated before the set date in the proposal to be eligible to vote.

Encouraging people to delegate at this point would just be asking them to waste gas fees to be disappointed that they cannot vote (always good though so they know for the next proposal)

Well then a proposal to raise votes needed for a proposal to pass from simple majority to 2/3rds majority might be in order.

Also, the gas fees to delegate are about a dollar. Which is more important? The dollar for gas fees or to have your votes count.

Again they cant for this one as we are well past block 11042288 so the only people who would want to pay that $1 fee are the people who are certain theyā€™re delegating their uni to the right person

As I said you can inform people for the next proposal that they have advanced warning of what they need to do if thatā€™s what you feel most appropriate.

I have a feeling though people wont be delegating as quickly next time before doing research especially those unhappy if this proposals does go through

Having your voice heard is even more important if this passes

True and untrue depending where you stand and whether you believe the proposal was right or wrong.

As I said in another post i will be respecting the vote whatever way it ends regardless of my view on it

This proposal has been made when the total delegated UNI was around 43m, however right now there is almost 74m delegated UNI.

The delegated voting power has shifted a little too, I think itā€™s a good idea to make a 2nd if the 1st getā€™s approved, proposing to cancel the 1st proposal.

The new delegates can make the decision of ā€œconfirmingā€ the 1st proposal, or not.

5 Likes

Why would you ever argue for UNI holders not using their UNI to vote, or at least having their UNI delegated to be able to vote. Thats absolutely absurd unless you have an agenda

That is a great idea. Its not good governance if 30 million votes arent counted. Personally, I had no idea I had to self delegate, so my votes wont count, even for the vote if this passes.

Utterly disgusting. A pure coup dĀ“etat to hijack Uniswap governanceā€¦If this passes, IĀ“ll have to reevaluate whether being a UNI holder has any merits if one does not have at least 10m delegated votes or an equivalent in a wallet.

4 Likes

That paper doesnā€™t cover aspects of intentional manipulation of the DAO, which is what bothers me about this proposal and what everyoneā€™s perception of Dharmaā€™s action are. Uniswap protocol is better off with autonomous proposals, instead of 1 or 2 entities regulating the proposal process. Dharma chose to use proxy contracts and if their users are not rewarded, it can be faulted on Dharma.

Regardless of the outcome of this vote, it is imperative that actors involved in intentional manipulation need to removed from the governance process and to that end delegation should be completely prohibited.

1 Like

Iā€™m not, Iā€™m simply stating telling people to delegate now making them think they can still vote in Proposl 1 is wrong as they cant.

If you tell people this is the process then it mean when proposal 2 comes around they know what to do thatā€™s bey different (two very different things)

As I said above a few times I will accept to vote whatever way it goes and I would hope other would too as not much can be done at this point unless someone has delegated before the block mentioned above in which case Iā€™d encourage them to utilize their vote