Uniswap Protocol Brand Update: Request For Comment

Join the Uniswap Labs design team at 1pm ET to discuss the proposed updates to the brand identities.

The design team will share a presentation detailing the work and process before opening up the floor to community feedback.

1 Like

The design team laid out a clear justification for the update and good reasons behind many details of the design. Itā€™s always jarring when something familiar changes, but I think the new brand work is a strategic improvement.

My only critique is that the Micro scale loses most of the character of the unicorn and really starts to break down at the scale of a 16x16 favicon. Itā€™s tough for anything to read as a unicorn that small, but I think the UNI token design is quite a bit more successful. Perhaps the Micro scale could draw from the token design.

Iā€™m also impressed by the transparent and engaged process the team has put together. Iā€™m a fan of the work so far and also confident the design team will keep moving forward in new and awesome ways.

2 Likes

It is important to innovate design and have more options for design elements throughout different media. This is a clear limitation to the logo we all know. It is good to see the design team is taking the next step.

A few comments of criticism to the primary logo above. The elements of design are not entirely cohesive. It looks like the U, unicorn, renaissance and target icon were shown to be needed elements and then forced together. Rather than a simple concept or idea of the organization.

When looking at the primary logo. It has indicators of an academic organization such as a university, or college. I see many academic blockchainā€™s involved with Uniswap. So this may further enforce Uniswap being a student group at a university or a institution of education (Uniswap University)? The renaissance look furthers this fraternal order vibe, possibly indicating a fraternity group.

1 Like

I will start with the fact that I like the idea of ā€‹ā€‹modernizing the logo of all your projects in one style, I looked at the entire documentation
ā€œUniswap Brand Update CC Deckā€, and saw some nice ideas there
(especially on page 11) I think these negative opinions are related
to this that the main logo (1.hero) is too complicated,
and in my opinion, a simplified version of this logo with the addition of minimalism would look better.

1 Like

Really big fan of this update and teams transparency in the process.

Love how the idea of crests was brought forward into the Protocol/Labs and how they can literally ā€œfit insideā€ (or be surrounded by) the UGP logo.

From a branding perspective I think this is a great move. Brands should never stop evolving, this is a great example of this. I think these Logo marks will help establish trust and legitimacy in the coming years as Uniswap moves further into the mainstream. The inspiration of timeless logos like Barclays, Ferrari, Liverpool etc. was a great choice.

My only callout would be similar to what jringenberg mentioned above with regards to when the token is shown at smaller sizes, potentially breaking down the fine details in the unicorn.

Time and time again Uniswap has been leading the way in this industry, I believe this time is no different. So much detail and thought went into the entire system. Hats off to the Uniswap team and everyone involved.

2 Likes

greater than great I love it

2 Likes

i think number three is ok

1 Like

Hi all, for those who werenā€™t able to attend the community call on Wednesday, please check out a recording of the talk here! This is a re-recording as our original footage had technical problems, but we made sure to summarize our responses to the live questions at the end of the video.

Thanks again for the great participation so far! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i am agree with all your point special 3rd

1 Like

the current logo is best but if you want to change it no matter number 4 is best

1 Like

So did this just fallen off a cliff?

1 Like

Iā€™m not too sure here! But out of all these 4th does suit the best :slight_smile: