UNI buyback from market using Uniswap 0.3% fees

Would this in turn, create a positive feedback loop?

2 Likes

Think u misunderstood what I mean was have a governance system similiar to curve where we lock uni for long term duration for the .05% fees that way holders would benefit more also would need a voting type token for when u freeze uni to be able to vote

LP providers play an important role. UNISWAP needs to entice them.
It is good to have LP whales to stabilize price fluctuations of any given trade-able asset. The fees that UNISWAP generates from the LP of 0.25% tax and the additional 0.05% UNI token incentive was a way to entice LP to UNISWAP? Yes but perhaps a balance must be reached to avoid dumps of UNI because otherwise without the right tokenomics a loss of real value will be faced by uni as opportunity cost. It is not clear as several replies above show that a BB&B is enough to stabilize UNI value let alone provide any real increase in value. If the UNI token doesn’t do anything, and is not even enticing to LP, then it is effectively useless. This is why I propose the following, and invite discussion from the link therein: https://snapshot.page/#/uniswap/proposal/QmWL6jSeYRKzEaS37GjV96b8sFpLFnmHJG84qvek2speAM

While I understand the sentiment here, this is an unrealistic ask to make of the core team.

Given how cautious the team needs to be about governance, there is zero chance that buybacks could happen.

Instead, the better route here would to be discussing a Uniswap protocol fee, currently set to 0% but able to be switched on to $0.05% at any time. See this post under ‘Path to Sustainability’.

3 Likes

This is a good hope getting better and better

hahaha this is a bad designed poll with zero statistical relevance. It shouldn’t be take account.

I’m completely against this proposal. Buy back UNI is a terrible decision. All profits from LP should go directly to improving the protocol. The decision to repurchasing UNI tokens is only a completely greedy choice that only is going to decelerate the grow of uniswap. Using that profit to grow is a much better choice.

Also, the UNI token isn’t money and does not claim to be. It’s more a kind of share. Diminish UNI token supply has little or null impact in long term price. The market cap of UNI token will tend to a value independently of what the supply is.

2 Likes

How about a staking program where Uni Holders get a small portion of fees? Only people involved in the community would be rewarded.

This runs the risk of inviting shills, shitposters, and other low-quality posting. A mechanism for tipping people, or using a reputation system like discourse currently has might work, but then you’d be dealing with bots manipulating a reputation system.

Tipping on the forum doesn’t seem likely to be a popular activity, it’s very dependant on trust, ie. I don’t have much faith that people would tip me for my posts, so why should I tip others?

Just to clear up any confusion I meant staking in the sense that Uni Holders can deposit their funds on Uniswap and receive a portion of all trading fees. This would incentivize long term holding and stewardship of Uni tokens. If we took just a quarter of LP fees at 4Billion in volume per day, that is like 6 cents per Uni token. Smart money would hold Uni and be motivated to grow the trading volume as that would increase the value of Uni. People with Uni just sitting in wallets wouldn’t be rewarded.

1 Like