Temperature Check - Funding a Political Defense of DeFi

This is an interesting proposal, and I do agree that it is an under-served area in the current environment. A few points come to mind:

1. I think the scope of such an endeavor should be better defined. Will it advocate generally for DeFi? Will it focus on DEX related issues likely to be of greatest importance for Uniswap? Will it focus on the US primarily? Even the articulated budget is likely not big enough to address all global concerns, so there needs to be some prioritization. No doubt the committee would define this in more depth, but having some more clarity up front on these points would be helpful.

2. If the goal is more general, advocating as a public good on behalf of DeFi, then I feel strongly that this would be better as a consortium effort with other top DeFi apps, including the likes of Aave, Maker, and others.

In general, I’m definitely intrigued by the idea, but am also hesitant to dedicate treasury funds to advance a diffuse public good without a direct tie back to how it benefits Uniswap, or thoughts on how we might cooperate with others on said public goods.

5 Likes