[Discussion] Uniswap Liquidity Incentive Plan

When you’re saying “our side” you’re referring to those who can afford exposure to risk, for instance, that Ethereum fees won’t sink the ship so to speak.
Now, I don’t like being controversial in that speculation, but to many smallholders, the short-term anguish caused by high fees is threatening and stagnating a lot of projects and pushing away a lot, if not all, of new low equity users. I hope this conjecture can be seen as uncontroversial.

The people who have enough tolerance for risk can also probably afford to accumulate the UNI that gets sold, they’re also more likely to have the disposable income and the freedom to do their due diligence full-time, with minimal dependence on a job, to ensure their investment is going to bring a return.

I raised this question:

I haven’t really received a clear answer. I think this might be an interesting question for a lot of people. This fee switch will incentivize people with small amounts of UNI to hold but if we’re not going to do the fee switch are there any contingencies that will help the DAO hold on to users who’d otherwise leave?

The only approximate response I got was this.

A very unfavourable take, I think. Wealthy people (who can afford the exposure to risk) don’t care about one or the other, they care about both. Less wealthy people are more likely to be in a position where they can only really care about one, profit.

Is this forum going to end up littered with accounts that disengage and likely sell out? ie.
https://gov.uniswap.org/t/how-to-tell-my-friends-why-lp-and-governance-is-important/8309/2?u=oblomov

The airdrop probably only enticed middle-class people, who could afford to experiment on uniswap in the eligibility period. There may be ways to entice or invite people from low socio-economic backgrounds which I think should also be explored.

People from all walks of life will help ensure Uniswap, as a platform, can be as neutral (and hopefully as a result, as universal) as possible in who it appeals to.

Here’s a cheeky poll, which I hope might help everyone see what kind of DAO uniswap will have in the future.

DOA Ideal Socioeconomic Demographic
  • Only Wealthy People
  • People From Many Economic Backgrounds (Middle Class, Rich, Poor)
0 voters