Binance's chain is a real problem for Uniswap V3

Agreed that ETH has the edge, especially in that they’ve earned trust which as you said does not come easy.

Emerging chains will have to gain trust, but if there’s no interaction between Uniswap and the other chains there’s no foundation to build that trust. This is what testnets are for.

I’m not advocating for us to store some of Uniswap’s TLV across chains immediately, but having source code ready to run on these chains and getting testnet Uniswap apps running on other chains is a cheap insurance policy to future-proof Uniswap’s relative dominance in the DeFi sphere.

I agree with the proposed idea. it is always better to keep alternatives, either in Defi or in other platforms.

What worries me is the centralization that BSC is generating. Binance is leading and betting very hard on all aspects of the crypto market. This reminds me of what we currently have with certain companies that practically have a monopoly in their sector within the Web.

Our project is different and we must attract more users to our environment. That benefits us all. I do not like that after the airdrop, many users have gone to the competition in search of supposed greater benefits. I think it is good to have memory and follow our roadmap and, of course, bet on our project

1 Like

Underrated post here

It’s clear to me you have a BSC agenda.

Or you’re currently unemployed since you appear to have a lot of free time you spent here trying to persuade people to move to BSC.

1 Like

The problem is that BSC is literally the antagonist of what Uniswap is trying to be…so, would you rather join the dark side rather than beating it?

The truth is BSC is a REAL tangible problem for Uniswap and Ethereum as a whole, but the reality is that its only a temporary one - Optimism rollup will be here in a couple of months and BSC…which is basically a SWIFT system ran by CZ cronies will fade into oblivion.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m a little new. How can the BSC increase gas fees on ETH?

1 Like

Can large pool investing like yearn mitigate a lot of those gas fees and provide the liquidity in eth.

I think that response wins :wink:

No need to sorry, I’m with you :100:

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the points you bring to the discussion. Sucks to see people get so defensive.

Hello UNI Community!
Let’s discuss the new proposal for Uniswap v3 and BNB Chain:
https://gov.uniswap.org/t/deploy-uniswap-v3-1-0-3-0-05-0-01-to-bnb-chain-binance/19734

Uniswap debate over whether or not to expand to BNB Chain

Wormhole wins the election to serve as Uniswap’s chosen bridge to the BNB chain. In the voting, LayerZero came in second place after receiving recent criticism for security issues that went unnoticed.

To become the official governance bridge for Uniswap, the largest decentralised exchange platform by trading volume, when its version 3 platform launches on Binance’s BNB Chain, Wormhole, the cryptocurrency bridge platform, won a community vote on Tuesday.

The win grants Wormhole valuable new turf in an ongoing battle between bridge platforms – vital pieces of crypto infrastructure that allow users to pass assets and other data between blockchains.

So what happened today as the on-chain vote went live?

A16z immediately rejected the entire Uni to BNB Chain deployment proposal simply because their bridge of choice, LayerZero, lost to Wormhole.

The deployment of the cross-chain bridge, which is the source of the conflict. The proposed interoperability protocol is LayerZero, while a16z supports the use of the Wormhole bridge.

Eddy Lazzarin, head of engineering at a16z, commented in the proposal discussion on Jan. 31:

“To be totally unambiguous, we at a16z would have voted 15m tokens toward LayerZero if we were technically able to. And we will be able in future Snapshot votes. So, for the purposes of a “temperature check”, please count us this way.”

What next?

The vote is still ongoing. The tides must turn during the next 5 days. These discussions will raise a lot of questions about the future of DAO political structures and cross-chain messaging, to say the least.

If all these debates settles and votes are favorable to launch its third iteration of its decentralised exchange on BNB Chain than the Uniswap price might brush its potential high of $13.69 as per coinpedia.

Let me know is there anything I missed ? Please add your comments to discuss this.