Uniswap Treasury Working Group (UTWG) Application

Applicant name:
JoJo, individual

What is your motivation for applying to this working group? (max 3 sentences)
While my main duties are in JonesDAO and partially in governance of Arbitrum, I think treasury diversication for most protocols has to start, as a research, now, to be able to execute meaningful activites in the next 12 months and ensure proper runaway in the next 4 years. Uniswap is one of the core pillars of DeFi, which is still one of the most important use case for crypto. We all need Uni to prosper for crypto to prosper.

Please list your association, history, and contributions to the Uniswap protocol or DAO
I currently serve along Doo, Honn, Nneoma and Bernard in the UAGP committee. On another note, I am personally working on Jones on innovative Concentrated Liquidity products that, while currently live (in beta) in Camelot will be also deployed in Uniswap in the next couple of months.

Briefly provide an overview of your experience with DAO treasury management, traditional fund/asset management, DeFi incentive programs, and/or any sort of professional investing (max 5 sentences)

• for treasury management, between April and May 2022, I have helped JonesDAO divesting most of crypto assets into stables, understanding as part of the strategy team the moment in which crypto was as beginning of the bear cycle. This, in a moment in which it was “not cool” and market was “soon to bounce backTM”
  • for treasury management, for the UAGP program, I have pushed for the conversion of our ARB assets in stables when $arb was trading above 2$, to ensure the ability to serve as much protocols as possible in our grant program and ensuring a further >50% runaway for the program. As I am writing this, $ARB is currently trading at $1
  • for incentives program, I have both helped designing the incentives programs for JonesDAO for the STIP proposal, and evaluated more than 150 grant/incentive proposals between the Questbook Arbitrum Grant Program (1 and 2), the UAGP and the LTIPP
  • I have traded options on VIX and SPX, especially delta neutral and short vol strategies, for years, before going full time in crypto. Mostly short VXX strats based on the future vix curve and iron condors on the spx.

Propose one meaningful way by which Uniswap can bolster its treasury (max 5 sentences)

• utilizing portion of the UNI in the treasury as collateral in battle tested lending protocols to borrow USDC/USDT against them, with a VERY safe leverage (10%); eventually, by also creating an infrastructure able to automatically monitor the LTV and repay the loan if LTV goes above/below certain threashold
  • use the stables to purchase ETH, RWA and all assets that we are interested in owning in the treasury, and pair it with further UNI in specific V3 liquidity pools (UNI/ETH and others), thus creating a revenue generating asset and also deepening liquidity for the Uni token
  • add further UNI as liquidity above the current prices in the pools above, in a way that stil manages to allow for price discovery but also takes advantages of historical support/resist zones (so, high volume zones)
  • remove the liquidity once the price discovery goes above these volume zones, thus allowing to have converted a portion of the UNI into diversified treasury assets.

This is just an example strategy that has the benefit of not only creating initially liquidity in the pool, but also to foster A LOT more liquidity for the bull market (remember: liquidity placed for example at double the current price is effectively liquidity that is double the depth of liquidity at current price).