Temperature Check - Allocate 1.5M UNI to Go-Ethereum long-term Talent-Acquisition & Retention Grant (GETH-TARG)

Absolutely. As I’m simply a DeFi community member and nothing more, the amount I’ve proposed is arbitrary, but it is my rough guess of a starting point of funding to allocate to Geth over a 5-year time horizon.

It’s a temperature check; to gauge community interest in funding Geth development and to act as an extension to the Twitter poll from Hayden, before a more concrete proposal is made.

We could’ve started off with a discussion here first though, before starting a Temperature Check proposal on Snapshot. Though the main reason why I went ahead and made this is that from the looks of it, the Geth team isn’t going to be coming out actively participating in a discussion on external funding for Geth, since they’re worried about the politics involved with the Ethereum Foundation. I thought it’d be important to send a signal; that the community is serious about funding critical public goods. Hopefully, people vote on this temperature check proposal and prove that.

1 Like