[Temperature Check] - Activate Uniswap Protocol Governance

How will fee rewards from different chains be handled? Will stakers/delegators receive the rewards from all the chains or would it all be in 1 chain (presumbly Ethereum chain)?

This proposal only explicitly considers mainnet fees. That said, UniStaker can receive fees from multiple sources, so it’s likely that future proposals will address non-mainnet deployments.


Thanks for your research. I replied in more detail in the Ethresearch forum.

1 Like

Hi all - I wanted to give a quick update on this proposal and the next steps in its implementation.

TL;DR, we are running additional audits on the protocol upgrade. Due to that, we now expect to post our on-chain vote in mid-April (It’s possible this may change pending the results of those audits).


A group of delegates proposed an amendment to our proposal. A Snapshot poll was launched to weigh community sentiment on this proposal; 60% of voters were against the amendment. As of right now we plan to move forward with our proposal as written.

Code4rena Results and Additional Audits

Our original discussion of security considerations is here. The Code4rena contest has ended. Scopelift has reviewed the findings and we plan to mitigate one issue. That mitigation will be reviewed in a shorter follow-on contest that will be scheduled at the end of March.

Since posting our original proposal, we have made the decision to conduct additional audits on the UniStaker and V3FactoryOwner contracts.

  • Following the Code4rena review, we have engaged Spearbit for another conventional audit which is tentatively scheduled to start April 2 and run for a week.

  • We have discussed another review with a third firm following Spearbit; those discussions are ongoing.

A testnet deployment of the contracts (in their pre-Spearbit state) should be available soon. Stay tuned to updates to this post, and to our Twitter, for details.

Timing of on-chain vote

We will initiate an on-chain vote following the mainnet deployment of the fully-audited UniStaker and V3FactoryOwner contracts.

This on-chain vote will likely come in mid-April, with the understanding that the date might change based on the results of the remaining audits.


thank you for the update

With Patience, comes something of lasting power.

good job ! good news !

What will happen if this vote is negative? Will the one promoted by the Uniswap Foundation be considered?

Has the Code4rena contest started? I don’t see any updates on their site.


Results will be announced shortly. Tl;dr - the final results were three low-severity findings so we’ll not be doing the mitigation contest.

So will the onchain vote be earlier than expected?

Nope, the Spearbit audit is starting tomorrow and we’re chatting w/ another firm about running another audit afterwards. Pretty much on schedule with what Devin posted above, but we reserve the right to keep auditing these contracts given their immutable natures.

Can you update the current situation, this is the community’s biggest concern

1 Like

This is a very hot topic for the community, it’s a shame that there isn’t a precise and detailed update. Novelty ?


Spearbit’s auditors completed their initial review last week; the results were good. Scopelift is making some small changes and optimizations this week that will be reviewed again.

An additional audit by ABDK has been arranged; it will start shortly following Spearbit’s review of changes is complete and run for approximately 10 days.


thanks a lot ! :slight_smile: waiting for new updates :smiley:

1 Like

What is the plan after Uniswap Labs received a Wells notice from the SEC ?


same question. Is uni fees switch still on the road?


@eek637 Thanks for the updates! Is the on-chain vote expected to be in May?

1 Like

Many of us small token holders are anxious after the SEC news. We all hope that the fee switch activation will proceed. I trust that someone from Uniswap will clearly address this in case things have changed in the past few days.

1 Like