Governance Proposal UP1.2: Community-Enabled Analytics

hello unicorns and flipside team,

would like to say that I really like the idea of a yield fund, and really appreciate all your hard work you guys have put into this proposal, feedback you have providing and for being flexible to change on various community suggestions, and initially was thinking on voting yes on this, but in recent light of dune analytics pointing out a fatal flow in this proposal, as pointed out in this tweet

Hence I suggest at this point we reject the proposal in current form and start a discussion of an analytical yield fund, where all teams providing analytical services, LPs providers (in ur proposal it was too only visor), etc could participate and would be able to discuss and compete on strategies to fund, generete yield, etc.

I also acknowledge that there has been a lot of work put into this proposal, and it is very time consuming and requires a lot of coordination to put and move along the DAO governance, so if this community sees this as experiment and a starting point to kickstart such initiatives I got no problem with that, as I also wouldn’t want this to get buried in endless discussions, but I really do agree here with dune, that fundamentally this proposal should be focused on establishing an uniswap analytical yield fund, just like our grants fund.

Maybe something like a community board that decided which strategies/teams would get liquidity to generate yield, some control mechanism for the liquidity provided and a backlog of proposals that will get funded by those yields (or maybe liquidity + yield could be a combo, just like in ur case)

Any how as I said previously, I like the idea, but think mechanism to provide liquidity should be more decentralised and free marketish, but also understand that this could be just a starting point and we could use this precedent to then provide liquidity to others, as I have not enough time to comprehend everything at this point, since I only found out about this proposal yesterday, ps maybe flipside themselves are willing to postpone the proposal in light of flaws pointed out by dune team, have a nice day everyone!

P.S. I sugest we could discuss mechanism of such general yield fund further in this proposal discussion