September users should also be rewarded

@kbridge I agree that it is very hard to keep everyone happy and it will never be perfect.

However, the point of the UNI token (in my eyes) is just for governance, not price appreciation for the long term. If you are a loyal Uniswap holder then you would care more about the community and improvement of the protocol, not trying to get massive gains. The massive gains is a secondary measure and is dependent on the direction of where this community goes. It is basically how the Yearn.Finance token exploded in value (besides scarcity) along with the protocolā€™s use function, it became valuable because it allows the community to dictate the next step forward.

I donā€™t believe buying and holding your tokens is a good way to go especially since this token will be inflationary in 4 years. Besides, we all agree that some LPs will be rewarded in UNI and it is not hard to imagine that they will dump as well every time they get paid, they are essentially getting their UNI for free since I assume they also get the LP fee.

Also if it was just through buying then only people who know about when the sale starts and those with huge bank accounts will take extreme advantage. The way Uniswap did seems to be the best decentralized way they could think of for those that actually used and supported the protocol.

1 Like

Lmao never said I didnā€™t care about those who couldnā€™t, I just donā€™t support those who just want free UNI when they didnā€™t support or do anything on the platform and now expect something.

If it is something like how a lot of users used Uniswap through Dharma, then yea we should do something about it or figure out a way.

@metanol What stopped you from using it or were you one of the ones that couldnā€™t claim it? Instead of trying to insult people, try actually coming up with a solution there especially since you still havenā€™t told me the reason and how many people knew the swap beforehand.

3 Likes

Guarantee you wouldnā€™t be asking for this if you had used it before september

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Dharma for more than 3 months, and Iā€™m in the crypto-space for more than 4 years, ā€œI donā€™t needā€ UNI or any airdrop whatsoever. Iā€™m just saying a strategic mistake is a strategic mistake and you have to be fair towards to your community. If you come up with a random date to reward people then you should be aware that some people are going to get left-out for basically no reason at all.

Luckily Iā€™m an early supporter of Sora-Network and Polkaswap. Pretty soon we wonā€™t have to deal with these totally unreasonable mistakes and random decisions.

1 Like

classic case of being a big baby

I thought this was a ā€œgovernanceā€ board and Iā€™m here to criticize a decision thatā€™s obviously leaving some of the community members behind.

If you are not going to talk about this case, please donā€™t even mention me. I donā€™t have time for your childish nonsense.

3 Likes

Yeah and you need UNI to be able to govern so why are you here? Your points make no sense. You wouldnā€™t be here crying if you got your UNI.

I donā€™t need UNI to share my opinions on the governance, thank you.

God this board needs ā€œblockā€ feature asap, I donā€™t have time for an illiterate weirdo.

1 Like

Of course because if you had UNI you wouldnā€™t be here crying. It was set to september 1st. What makes you so special that they should change it?

Also very dismissive posts from you. You canā€™t seem to accept that no one agrees wtith you, very bad trait of you to have

1 Like

many people agree with him

1 Like

people will always be missing out. Nothing makes the date he used uniswap any different to someone who may have used it the day after. Thereā€™s no reason why september 1st is a bad date other than you missed out

Please discuss in this thread: New Snapshot as of 9/15/2020 to include users from 9/1/2020 until the announcement was made

Duplicate threads make it harder to have a productive discussion. Please review the open threads on the forum before posting a new one, thank you! :slight_smile: